Evans AH200 Tube Hybrid repair

Rotten

Gold Supporting Member
I have a discontinued Evans AH200 head with a tube preamp. My daughter knocked it over and it sounds like something is knocking around inside. It produces no signal and the LED stays on even when I unplug it or turn it off. Any ideas. Anyone know where I can get this repaired? Thanks!

donnyjaguar

I've never heard of this amplifier by had a Google to see. It looks kinda neat. I'm sure if it was knocked a tube probably fell out of the socket. I would consider you open it up and see if its simply a case of re-inserting the tube into socket. There is likely a spring clip or cover with bayonet style mount holding the tube in place. This will need to be refitted. Its never a good idea to power up electronics with something rattling around inside.

mherrcat

I believe Evans made solid-state amps; at least the combo amps. They were popular with pedal steel players.

Rotten

Gold Supporting Member
Thanks. They currently make solid state amps that are popular with pedal steel players and jazz guys. I play clean exclusively and really like their amps. Some years ago, they made their amp with a tube preamp. It's been discontinued for a few years and I think I have the last one. I'd be heart broken if I couldn't fix it.