• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Eventide Eclipse & Timefactor updates

JZG

Silver Supporting Member
I'm thinking of purchasing an Eventide Eclipse for my rack, and a Timefactor for my pedalboard. More than likely, I'll look for used pieces. It's my understanding that these need to be registered in order to update the software on these units. I'm assuming you have to be the original owner in order to register them. I'm wondering if this has been an issue for anybody, and/or if the software updates are really necessary.

jzucker

Silver Supporting Member
no you don't have to be the original owner but beware because some of them are flakey about being updated and the support is very poor on that issue. Their answer is typically "try it on a different computer".

KRosser

The most recent TimeFactor update doubled the number of preset banks and expanded functions of the looper. I'd call that pretty significant.

For me, the ability to update online was a major selling point of the unit.

I briefly owned an Eclipse - wonderful unit but more than I needed at the time. I would definitely own one again in a heartbeat if the workload/budget called for it.

IvIark

I bought my Eclipse second hand and the original owner had to unregister for me to register from what I can remember

Trending Topics