Eventide Eclipse Vs. AxeFx XL for Effects ?

Discussion in 'The Rack Space' started by Uncle Mike, Dec 11, 2017.

1. italo de angelis

italo de angelis Member

And the Eclipse is NOT a guitar processor.
    Avoid FX processors *for guitar*... they are just lower in algorithms quality and often in hardware too.

ufguy73 likes this.
  2. ufguy73

ufguy73 Gold Supporting Member

Yes, sorry - i didn't mean to imply there was contradication in your statement.

It was more a question of relative merit of an eclipse vs something even higher end like an h8000...and was just adding the context that i would be using it in is guitar-only live playing

3. italo de angelis

italo de angelis Member

No problem....
    I was simply saying that effects boxes specifically made for guitar and marketed as such... are a sub_development of better units.
    If you consider the classic guitar rigs you hardly find "guitar" fx processors in them, vs. the better stuff.
    There ARE reasons for that kind of choice.

4. cbm

cbm Silver Supporting Member

The Lexicon MPX-G2 was developed for guitar, and it's quite useful. I think it's more a matter of tailoring the algorithms a little, adding things that a guitarist might want.

5. italo de angelis

italo de angelis Member

Bringing over material developed for other 3 machines not made for guitar... quite a different concept of "for guitar".
    Technically most "gtr processor" have an underdeveloped software and lower tech specs. Lexicon, not being the typical gtr company, did something for gtr with features from the higher end machines.
    Some lower specs parts were used but in general they kept the bar decently high.