Eventide Eclipse

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by DigitalTube, Feb 6, 2006.

1. DigitalTube

DigitalTube Member

Anyone here using it?
    Does it mess with the amp sound? I know I like the effects on it, and it has all I need, just worried if it's going to ruin the amp sound when I place it on the loop.
    Had a TC G-FORCE didn't like it in the loop (had to use it with a mixer..)also a G-major didn't like it either, the effects were fine, just didn't like how it messed up the amp sound(AIKEN SABRE)
    Anyone know where I could rent an Eclipse to try out?
    Thanks.
    E.B.

2. gec78221

gec78221 Supporting Member

It takes away a little clarity from my amp.

3. DigitalTube

DigitalTube Member

Thanks ..
    I just need a nice delay, and a bit of reverb, +sometimes a chorus and can't find a multi processor that will do it without messing up the amp sound, I don't use efects that much, maybe only 10% of the time, so I want to make sure whatever is in the loop won't screw things up, if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
    Thanks again.
    E.B.

4. LouRossi

LouRossi Member

I a/b'd one w/ the older software & my Lexicon PCM 80 sounded better. You can find used lexicons now at great prices too.

5. Unburst

Unburst Member

+1 for the PCM 80, great sounding device.

6. countandduke

countandduke Member

I think the Eclipse is one of the best processors out there. I will soon use it with my OD-100 and will report back. If you don't have the right settings in the Eclipse, the tone will suffer. Other than that, I think the Eclipse pretty much beats everything out there in terms of flexibility and sound. I have used it extensively with my JMP-1 in the loop and it sounds VERY good!!!

Chris

7. bjm007

bjm007 Member

It's a great piece of gear, but you've got to dial it in to get it to sound good. If you take your time with it, you will be rewarded with great sound...

That being said, IMO you never want to use something like that too much or you'll end up sounding like the players of the early '80 with the big racks of gear who sounded too "processed" all the time...

Give me an old 4 holer non-master volume amp (Marshall would be my choice), a nice 4x12 cab, a few pedals and that's all ya need.................

8. ejecta

ejecta Supporting Member

:RoCkIn

9. jazzgitter

jazzgitter Member

10. gec78221

gec78221 Supporting Member

Update.... I recently purchased the Suhr line mixer to run with my eclipse.. The unit gave me back my Clarity..