Eventide H9 Arpeggiator Setting (TAG Raven, Eleven Rack)

wondermoose

I love modulations, pitch shifting and big reverbs, but have always found it tough to dedicate real estate for everything I like to try out. The H9 for me has been a really inspirational pedal. If I get an itch, I can try out any algorithm for 5 minutes each day. I'm still learning where I can and can't go note wise with this setting, but it has been a lot of fun. I tried to show in the video how much the effect adds from the dry notes.

You can also see that the app shows that the effect is engaged as soon as I turn it on which is a good time. You can certainly use the pedal just fine without the app, but I had an iPad Air before buying the pedal and it definitely makes naming presets and tweaking a great experience. I realized after fooling around with the loop that the chords sound a lot like the John Mayer song 83, just a more relaxed take. I play through the Eleven Rack out of a pair of KRK Rokit 5's. They are phenomenal monitors for the price. If it's late, I'll practice through headphones, but the monitors give an open air cabinet feel even at low volumes.

Last edited:

cas29

Very cool! Been thinking about selling the POG2 and tremolo to fund it. Have you used the trem models? If so, how do they sound?

wondermoose

The trem settings are the main reason the H9 was a no brainer for me. All of the H910 and H949 settings have really been a pleasant surprise (the pitchfactor algorithms). I just posted a video with another preset from that algorithm.

I really love tremolo and I AB'd the H9 with an Empress V2 and Diamond tremolo and the H9 was my favorite. The square wave sounds amazing. I'm trying to post one video a week, so I'll do that next! I don't use chorus too much, but I love the H9 chorus.

I haven't tweaked the stock octave presets on the H9, but I did notice that the standard presets have a delay between the played note and the octave. I much prefer the Micro Pog to the octave presets, but there may be a parameter to make it much more fluid, so I'm not ruling that out yet.

cas29

The trem settings are the main reason the H9 was a no brainer for me. All of the H910 and H949 settings have really been a pleasant surprise (the pitchfactor algorithms). I just posted a video with another preset from that algorithm.

I really love tremolo and I AB'd the H9 with an Empress V2 and Diamond tremolo and the H9 was my favorite.
Thats really good to hear. Im going to have to really consider this now!