Eventide H9 Help (Default speed setting on a Preset)

realdealblues

I recently got an H9 and have figured out how to do most things on it but the one thing I can figure out is this:

I have a Rotary setting that I am happy with but it always defaults to the fast speed and I want it to always default to the slow speed when loaded.

I have tried numerous things with the app synced up via iPad and can't seem to figure it out. I would have thought if I had it dialed to a slow speed and saved the patch, it would save as the slow speed by default but it doesn't seem too.

Is there a secret to this or is it not possible?
Thanks for any assistance

jaime136

If you look at the presets for the individual algorithm (rotary in your case) on the Control app you should see that they have a letter on front of them. F is for factory presets. U is for user. I think what is happening is that you modified a factory preset...when you do that it should show up as a U preset, as well. You have to make sure that the user preset you created is loaded on to the H9. If not, you're just accessing the unmodified preset. Did you rename the preset when you modified it? If not, change the speed to how you want it and give it a unique name (ex realdealbluesSlow or something) and use the Control save to device function and pick what preset number you want to save it to.

Hope that makes sense.

Edit: here's what the manual says:

Presets can only be saved to position 1 - 99. If you would like to save a preset to the H9, you must explicitly do that using the Save button in the Presets screen or the "Save to Device" button in the Preset Lists screen.

Understanding the Different Preset Types: Factory, User, Stompbox, List
Presets can be stored in four different places, and the letter prefixed to the preset indicates where it came from and also whether it can be changed or overwritten.
* F stands for Factory Preset, and factory presets are bundled into the app bundle on OSX and iOS and are in the application directory on Windows. Factory Presets cannot be changed or deleted but only copied. 

* U stands for User Preset, and user presets are saved under ~/Library/H9 Control/Presets on OSX and iOS and AppData/Roaming/H9 Control/Presets on Windows. User presets can be changed and deleted. 

* S stands for Stompbox Preset, and S indicates that a preset came from and is stored on an H9. These can be changed or overwritten but not deleted. 

* L stands for List Preset, and list presets are presets that are saved inside a list, which are saved under ~/Library/H9 Control/PresetLists on OSX and iOS and AppData/Roaming/H9 Control/PresetLists on Windows. List presets are local to a list, and any changes you make to a preset in a list do not affect the user or factory preset that the list preset came from. List presets can also be changed or overwritten but not deleted. 

Last edited:

realdealblues

If you look at the presets for the individual algorithm (rotary in your case) on the Control app you should see that they have a letter on front of them. F is for factory presets. U is for user. I think what is happening is that you modified a factory preset...when you do that it should show up as a U preset, as well. You have to make sure that the user preset you created is loaded on to the H9. If not, you're just accessing the unmodified preset. Did you rename the preset when you modified it? If not, change the speed to how you want it and give it a unique name (ex realdealbluesSlow or something) and use the Control save to device function and pick what preset number you want to save it to.

Hope that makes sense.

Edit: here's what the manual says:

Presets can only be saved to position 1 - 99. If you would like to save a preset to the H9, you must explicitly do that using the Save button in the Presets screen or the "Save to Device" button in the Preset Lists screen.

Understanding the Different Preset Types: Factory, User, Stompbox, List
Presets can be stored in four different places, and the letter prefixed to the preset indicates where it came from and also whether it can be changed or overwritten.
* F stands for Factory Preset, and factory presets are bundled into the app bundle on OSX and iOS and are in the application directory on Windows. Factory Presets cannot be changed or deleted but only copied. 

* U stands for User Preset, and user presets are saved under ~/Library/H9 Control/Presets on OSX and iOS and AppData/Roaming/H9 Control/Presets on Windows. User presets can be changed and deleted. 

* S stands for Stompbox Preset, and S indicates that a preset came from and is stored on an H9. These can be changed or overwritten but not deleted. 

* L stands for List Preset, and list presets are presets that are saved inside a list, which are saved under ~/Library/H9 Control/PresetLists on OSX and iOS and AppData/Roaming/H9 Control/PresetLists on Windows. List presets are local to a list, and any changes you make to a preset in a list do not affect the user or factory preset that the list preset came from. List presets can also be changed or overwritten but not deleted. 

Yes, I saved them all as User Presets, that have been renamed and I load them to the H9, just fine. I just can't get it to load up with the slow rotary, it's always fast. Maybe it's because I modified a fast one to begin with...I'll see if I can find a slow rotary factory preset and modify it to all my settings and maybe that will work, shouldn't be that hard to do though...

Trending Topics