Eventide H9 Max, now that you've had it for a while...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Ruiner, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Is it worth it?

I've never used any H9.

Do you use a lot of the algorithms or just a few?

Pros?

Cons?

Quality?

2. kitemonkey

kitemonkey Member

I like mine so much that I'm pondering dumping my Mobius for a second one.

If you use the app to edit, it's a breeze to deal with. If you can, buy the algos needed to bump it up to a max. I tend to use a handful of algorithms but, it's great having many more to play with.

3. RockDebris

RockDebris Member

Yeah, I got the standard to help make a smaller pedal board and later upgraded it to Max. I wasn't originally intending to have all the algorithms, but now that I have them for however long (3 months?), it's been really great. I use the Strymon pedals for most things, but being able to compare algorithms and pick the best one for my need, or to add extra filters to a sound, has really opened some doors. Plus, I didn't pitch shifting before this.

The only real problem I have is playing live and the lag time when it loads some algorithms. I just try to work around that in building the song presets.

4. Resonate01

Resonate01 Member

I have the H9 Core and I love it so far. I don't use most of the algorithms anyways so the fact that I can buy which ones I want instantly, it's amazing.

5. Occam

Occam Member

I use mainly just a few but definitely more than I originally used with my first H9. Since the Max I bought another for my other board. I was mainly using reverbs at first but now I'm using a lot of Pitchfactor stuff and even the crazier modulations even though I have that on my board. My favorite is still running reverse reverbs from the H9 into the Space.