• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Eventide H9 Q's about expression and midi pedals

Occam

I know there's a giant H9 thread but that is so big it's hard to navigate through. I have 2 questions about using an expression and a midi pedal. I just got a new Disaster Area DMC-3T and I'd as of now it doesn't seem to do anything. When I look in the H9 app on my phone it doesn't even show up when I look under midi devices and it doesn't even switch the presets up and down like it's supposed to. I contacted them but haven't heard back yet but I'm figuring that'll eventually get straighten out but what I'd like to do is to use the up and down switches for presets and then use the middle switch for the hot switch. Does anyone know how to do this or at least how I can figure out how to teach myself? I didn't see anything on their site about it and when I look in the app it's pretty confusing. I don't care about tap tempo since the unit has one on there.

I was also wondering about how to use an expression pedal to change parameters. I saw Eventide's video but it was for one of their factor pedals and I tried going into the app and setting the heal position and the toe position but when I move the expression pedal it only adjust whatever parameters it originally adjusted. It seems like there's a different process for the H9 or I'm just doing something wrong. I'd like to sometimes change multiple parameters at once. Thanks.

tremolo3

I haven't the DMC-3T but if the firmware is the same as the one in DMC4/6D then you only need to "activate" the H9 mode in the Setup menu of your DMC-3T and set both units in the same MIDI channel.

For the expression pedal, are you saving the presets after you do the adjustments in your app?
I'm not sure if this is needed in the app, but try doing that.

BTW, are you aware of this?: http://web.eventide.com/~/media/Files/Audio Support/H9/Everyone/H9_Y_lead.ashx

It could be a better solution if what you want to do is just Preset up/down and HotSwitch.

Occam

I used to use a 3-button footswitch through the aux and I'm sticking with the midi. The blue mode is up and down but it also adds tap tempo which is tripley redundant since my H9 has that plus the DMC-3T has a jack for that as well where has the hotswitch is a pain in the ass to activate with the foot. I'd like to save these preset and be able to use the expression pedal to manipulate multiple parameters live.

thesauce

The disaster area cobtrollers are optimized for strymon out of the box. They will work just fine for he h9 but there's a few steps to configure it. I called their customer support and they walked me through it in a few minutes.

Occam

When I ordered it from them they asked what device it was for and I listed the H9 so I would have figured that would be all settled.

Anyone else have any ideas on the expression pedal thing?

rck

Silver Supporting Member
instructional video by Eventide on Ribbon/Expression control:

Occam

I've got a few Moog expression pedals so I've been using those. I'd like to find a nice mini-expression pedal.

Hellbound

I had probs with an expression pedal on the h9 until I used 1 with a 25k pot

Somewhere in the manual I think the h9 prefers a 25k pedal

Maybe worth looking into?

DisasterArea

Owner, Disaster Area Designs and Alexander Pedals
To the OP - the center button on the DMC-3T sends a single MIDI CC command. You can go into H9 Control and map this to anything you like, including the Hotswitch / Flex / Learn, etc. Map CC93 to this value and you should be good to go.

Occam

To the OP - the center button on the DMC-3T sends a single MIDI CC command. You can go into H9 Control and map this to anything you like, including the Hotswitch / Flex / Learn, etc. Map CC93 to this value and you should be good to go.
I'm still not getting anything from the midi pedal though. I sent you guys and email at the end of last week but haven't heard back yet. Any trouble shooting tips?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom