Eventide H9 Quandary

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by swinginguitar, Apr 22, 2016.

1. swinginguitar

swinginguitar Member

So I bought an H9 with the expectation that it would be my jack of all modulation trades...tremolo...whatever. But also because I occasionally go into 80s mode and use dual detune with short predelay (+/- 10 to 20 cents on either side). H910 algorithm wrote the book on that....

Well....I tried out some of the Space reverb algos, and now the H9 is officially my reverb pedal....wow.

So i still need dual detune. Should I grab another H9 (which would kill my wallet) to put in the mod slot, or how do you guys feel about somethign like the Boss PS-6 for dual detune (doesn't have pre-delay option tho)

i had a PS-5 at one point and it was ok - not much fidelity-wise - but did a nice single detune with pre-delay.

Thoughts? Considered getting a Space pedal, but thats even pricier and larger footprint.

Looked at the Keeley 30ms but it doesnt distribute left and right like i want.

2. slap_back05

slap_back05 Supporting Member

Definitely get a Core. That's what the whole system is designed for.

3. Michael_V

Michael_V Supporting Member

Yep. Reverbs on the H9 are awesome. Easily the best I've heard in a pedal. I really really wish Eventide would release a Neunaber-sized pedal of just those. OMG, I would so buy that.

4. cbm

cbm Silver Supporting Member

Faced with the same decision, I picked up an H9 Core. A happy outcome for me.

5. Michael_V

Michael_V Supporting Member

You should be able to find a used H9 Core for $300 or so. Given all that will buy you, not a bad deal.