Eventide h9

Zacflame

Silver Supporting Member
New to this pedal, the upgrade to the max pedal is $400.00 from the h9 ? is this correct or am I missing something. I could just send this back and within my thirty day period and order a max for 200.00 cheaper. ?

Sentenced

If you wanted a Max in the first place then that would have been the cheaper way to get one (buy a Max). I remember that when I MAXed my H9 during the intro/sales period it would cost just about the same, so I imagine that now that the sales period is over it is normal to cost more.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
After you buy a certain number of algorithms, your account switches to a max. Don't remember how many.

Sentenced

You now need 20 form H9 and 30 from Core and it is your device that switches, not your account.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
The advantage to the MAX thing, beyond no more cost to upgrade, is that you can sell the device with all the algorithms, whereas purchasing them for a Core or regular means that they stay with you when the device moves on. And yeah, cheaper just to go to the Max to start now, unless you think you'll only need the standard effects. Or if you pick up a Core at a pawn shop used for nothing because it doesn't do anything without algorithms, maybe Maxing it would make sense.

Getting the Max from the get-go absolutely makes sense, gives you the most flexibility to change the pedal's use on your board and also means if you're daft/clever enough to get a 2nd H9, you only have to get a Core at the lowest price and turn it into a Max as well.

I have 2 H9s working with a Timeline (and an SHO to lift the tone) on a Nano + board and in stereo it's ambient heaven.

Trending Topics