Eventide Modfactor pushed back again...

jelyfinger

What a bummer! I was soliciting this piece to all my family members as my stand alone Xmas present! They are going to loose a ton of business not having it on the market for the holidays!

donbarzini

Silver Supporting Member
They are going to loose a ton of business not having it on the market for the holidays!
Yeah right, for all those little boys and girls just dying to get a Modfactor for X-mas :) The Timefactor was delayed and it was well worth the wait :AOK

jelyfinger

Yeah right, for all those little boys and girls just dying to get a Modfactor for X-mas :) The Timefactor was delayed and it was well worth the wait :AOK
I have a Timefactor and absolutely love it. I am still scratching my head wondering how so many peeps here think that the TC Nova is in the same league. I tried the Nova and was INSTANTLY aware that it fell short of the TF performance! I just don't get it!

mild

I have a Timefactor and absolutely love it. I am still scratching my head wondering how so many peeps here think that the TC Nova is in the same league. I tried the Nova and was INSTANTLY aware that it fell short of the TF performance! I just don't get it!
Shhhhhhh! Don't let them onto our little secret!

You gotta remember, most of the crowd here just want something simple. Remember how many of them were rocking DD3's and DM-2's before these two came out? :p

teefus

You gotta remember, most of the crowd here just want something simple. Remember how many of them were rocking DD3's and DM-2's before these two came out? :p

awesome!

jelyfinger

You are spot on correct there my friend!

jelyfinger

By the way, I emailed Eventide concerning the Modfactor release and they confirmed that it will be January. I will own one!!!

Occam

Gold Supporting Member
That sucks. I'm thinking about picking one of these up to clean up my pedalboard. But it looks like there's no univibe style effect on there. I'm also still holding out for the pitch-factor but I might have to wait 'til 2020 at this rate.

Anybody compare a timefactor to a dd-20?

radcliff

The tape delays are unusable in a live setting with all the pitch noises present when you try to tap a tempo.

JoshuaLogan

Ah, that sucks. I've had one preordered for a while and was hoping to get it in December. I'm STILL waiting on my Nova and Timefactor to get here. Both have beenon order for a long while.

jamison162

Yeah, I agree. I sent my Nova back to ZZounds and was happy to keep my DD-20. I would love to try the TimeFactor and ModFactor one of these days. Good think they aren't readily available. My credit card is already on fire.

Andre357

The tape delays are unusable in a live setting with all the pitch noises present when you try to tap a tempo.
I don't think this is right - just change/store the parameter from milisecond to beat per minute and when you tap there is no pitch shift ( if you want pitch shift you can also control the amount with the X knob by the way in some patches ! )

radcliff

Wrong, this is straight from Eventide on the issue:

Hi Ryan,

Regardless if you are using the tap directly from the TimeFactor or from an auxiliary switch, the pitch effect you hear is on purpose. However this effect is only applied to the following algorithms: Vintage Delay, TapeEcho, and ModDelay. The purpose of this effect is to simulate what happens on their real life counterparts when you change the delay time while actively passing audio through. Pressing bypass and then active again clears up any lingering pitch shifting.

I hope this answers your question Ryan. Let us know if you have any further questions.
Pressing off and then on again isnt exactly practical in a live setting, after I'm already trying to tap a tempo that is warbling and pitch shifting the echos.

Angle Loss

That bugs me also. I hope they change it in the software revision. Did we suggest this in the software wishlist thread?

John01W

Yeah I know....my modfactor has been on backorder since the end of July lol:drool...

I hope that this time the release date is correct.

Trending Topics