Eventide Rose - new delay pedal

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Rai, Jan 18, 2019.

1. drifterphase

drifterphase Member

No! It looks great. I wish more pedals used fun colors. But for me hard pass due to the ridiculous legal bullying.

valvestate likes this.
  2. pyna

pyna Member

@shikawkee my main interest in this guy is for loopiness for sure. by 4 or 5 you’re saying basically at 100%? meaning the longer the length the less feedback is going to lead to runaway oscillation i guess?

aware that this is more of a DLD or PCM than an el cap style thing but anything you could say about using it as a looper would be appreciated. especially with regard to using tap tempo to match timing with stuff that’s already playing, or using delay multiplier creatively?

3. shikawkee

shikawkee The One True King

Yes, no runaway oscillation at 90 to 100% feedback on long loop times. You can program it many ways including incorporating taps or even record a loop using the hotswitch and playing over it.

It's not quite a PCM but they sure tried.

4. pyna

pyna Member

<3

i get mine on friday unless sweetwater's early in-stock-itude was too good to be true.

timsternfeld likes this.
  5. p.j.

p.j. Member

[​IMG]
    Me too, at least I like my Filter Modeler.

6. pyna

pyna Member

rose in the house! i've had a whack at it and it's quite nice. a few early observations on things i wasn't sure about or found interesting in the short time i've messed with it:

* the glowing rose looks like a translucent part of the top in pics, but it's actually a nice inlaid plastic piece.
    * I thought the multiplier sped up the delay, but it slows it down. so for longer delay times the multiplier will be ON.
    * the fine delay control has a larger range than i expected. it's not just a small adjustment like you see on a lot of things that have separate coarse and fine knobs. I imagine the ranges are set up to make expression pedal usage more pleasant.
    * I got a little intimidated by the various hold-to-configure settings, but only for a couple mins. the main important ones are intuitive. UX is good.
    * the kill input bypass mode is good old "trails" mode. between that and infinite repeat, plenty of options for building up and tearing down loops.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    celticelk, Crazyquilt and Flatscan like this.
  7. dirtytony

dirtytony Member

Thanks, can you please let me know: do the dry signal got colored heavily? In my experience Factor pedals are on the bright side for it....

8. pyna

pyna Member

sounds fine to me, but I have forgiving ears and probably amn't the best one to answer this sort of question

dirtytony likes this.
  9. Blix

Blix Supporting Member

Also the Rose has analog dry through, not digital through like the Factors and H9.

10. Tootone

Tootone Member

Its function is to fool the audience into thinking some part of your equipment just had a major malfunction... giving you the opportunity to take a smoko and restock your pint.

NedZ likes this.
  11. shikawkee

It sounds pretty clean to me but of course the filter knob allows you to make the repeats as dark as you like.

12. pyna

pyna Member

hey @shikawkee now that the public has their grubby hands on this guy, seems like you'd be in the clear to post that demo I heard you been holdin' :) been messing with this guy all day and got into some good places ... but still wanna see/hear what other people have been getting up to ...

shikawkee likes this.
  13. shikawkee

I wish but I take that stuff pretty seriously and I won't have time to do it properly I'm afraid for a while. I'm sure they'll get it in the usual suspects hands very soon.

Flatscan likes this.
  14. p.j.

p.j. Member

Crumpy!

Not Orange likes this.
  15. Meriphew

Meriphew Member

Whoever designed the aesthetics of this pedal should be charged with a hate crime.

16. ilyslue2

ilyslue2 Member

no

17. Agnello

Agnello Vendor

Feel free to blame me. This isn't the first time I've been accused of being aesthetically challenged. Your post brings the cliche 'beauty is only skin deep' to mind. Rose sounds beautiful to me.

18. Meriphew

Meriphew Member

I don't have a problem with the name, just the appearance. I've owned a couple of Factor pedals and always liked the way those looked. The H9 looks cool as well.

Not Orange and hippieboy like this.
  19. Agnello

Agnello Vendor

Well then blame me for those as well - names and faces.

forgivenman, Honch, earwax and 2 others like this.
  20. Meriphew

Meriphew Member

Ok, I give you two thumbs up for the Factor/H9, and a thumbs down on the Rose. :D

Not Orange and hippieboy like this.