Eventide Rose - new delay pedal

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Rai, Jan 18, 2019.

1. timsternfeld

timsternfeld Member

@Andy S glad you like it.

The LED's above the footswitches are red/green (so they could do amber too), and the big glowy Rose is obviously multi-color. Everything else is just red.

Indicating the presets in a more visible way is an interesting request, and something I hadn't really thought about. In general, I don't like to rely solely on LED color for important information (since plenty of people can't distinguish some common colors) but I'll have a think about whether there's a way we can make the current preset more obvious from a distance.

Holzar88 and Tom Von Kramm like this.
  2. jujube

jujube Member

Boomerang lets you control the mix and decay.

3. Metalflange

Metalflange Supporting Member

I guess every rose has it's thorn..... Pete Thorn of course......

Honch likes this.
  4. Leon Todd

Leon Todd Member

Here's 5 ways I've been using mine. Really enjoying the SoS capabilities with it, and it works a treat on synth too.

5. Knaggster57

Knaggster57 Member

Awesome!!!

earwax, Andy S and Leon Todd like this.
  6. timsternfeld

timsternfeld Member

We've just announced a public beta for the new version of the Rose firmware. We tried to cover some features that we should have had in the original version, some that users requested, and some that we just thought were cool. Here's what we've got:

- Presets expanded to 5 banks of 5 (for 25 total)
    - Tap tempo subdivisions
    - Kill Dry mode
    - MIDI Clock support
    - Some cool new detune effects on the far left end of the Rate knob with the Envelope shape
    - Extra aux switch capabilities
    - Fixed some miscellaneous bugs

It's still in beta so be warned that there may be bugs we haven't found yet; in fact, we found two that we are fixing ASAP right before we went live, but we still wanted to get it into public hands. That said, if you want to check out the new features, head on over to https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/stompboxes/delay/rose , grab the updater and update your pedal to version 3.02. There's also some more documentation there on how to access the new features.

bozobreak, lexreverb, Jerrod and 10 others like this.
  7. jmq

jmq Member

I'm not seeing 3.02, is it there yet?

8. timsternfeld

timsternfeld Member

It should be public as of (secretly) yesterday evening. Did you see any versions available on the Direct Updater? Have you installed the latest version of Direct Updater?

9. jmq

jmq Member

got it, thank you

10. pyna

pyna Member

thanks for update. this thread has been quiet, but i, for one, think this a fantastic little machine, and hope that it’s been a business success and that there’s further updates in the pipeline :)

7StringJazz and Andy S like this.
  11. jmq

jmq Member

A really impressive update, thank you! Still going through everything.

For future reference, do all the presets go back to factory settings after doing an update?

12. timsternfeld

timsternfeld Member

In general, they shouldn't (you would need to do a factory reset after updating to get all the presets). In this case, since we made some pretty deep changes to the way presets are stored, there might be some issues (especially since this is a beta). Let me know if you run into anything. As usual, I'd recommend doing a dump before an update if that's important to you.

I'll also say that it's entirely possible we'll be pushing out a bit of a preset management app for this in the near future to help with the overload of having so many presets that don't have names.