• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Eventide Space presets

Ruiner

Finally broke down and bought an Eventide Space after eyeballing it for the past two years. I'd always find myself down the YouTube rabbit hole in awe but never pulled the trigger for some reason until now.

So, presets.... where can I find some great user presets to download? The only site i've found so far is The Church Collective which has a large handful that sound great from the descriptions.

Anywhere else? Anything I should know? Do you love yours? Will it compare to my Empress Reverb?

Going to use it for mostly ambient, experimental, post rock and post metal stuff.

7thString

blackhole, blackhole anddd blackhole.

I like to crank the modulation depth in blackhole mode and set the rate low - sounds a lot like mr black's supermoon.

Sorry I don't have mine anymore so cant share actual presets, but its a killer reverb and I think you'll bond well with it.

tremolo3

Eventide's forums has lots of presets floating around.

Can't stop loving mine after 2 years.

Ruiner

blackhole, blackhole anddd blackhole.

I like to crank the modulation depth in blackhole mode and set the rate low - sounds a lot like mr black's supermoon.

Sorry I don't have mine anymore so cant share actual presets, but its a killer reverb and I think you'll bond well with it.
Why'd you get rid of it?

Ruiner

Eventide's forums has lots of presets floating around.

Can't stop loving mine after 2 years.
Yeah i figured there'd be a bunch floating around. Hoping to find some good sources that have them a lot in one place with descriptions like they did on The Church Collective. Glad to hear you're still loving yours.

Also, i'm specifically looking for the Jonsi preset that DisarmDarcy did on their YouTube video. I know he's on ilovefuzz so i should just hit him up direct i guess.

tremolo3

Also, i'm specifically looking for the Jonsi preset that DisarmDarcy did on their YouTube video. I know he's on ilovefuzz so i should just hit him up direct i guess.
Can't remember that preset but did watch his video I think, pretty sure it's just a tweaked version of the stock preset Sigur Ros, or Cigaroos, depening on the version you've got.

Ruiner

To fund a fender '63 outboard unit lol, so I currently don't own a reverb pedal per se; if I did it would be a space (and not an H9!) because real knobs are more fun :)
Just making sure your reasoning was in line with TGP expectations. Approved. ;)

7thString

Just making sure your reasoning was in line with TGP expectations. Approved. ;)
Haha :aok
One thing I will add that I think a lot of people may be inclined to agree with, Eventide seem to make some fairly poor (IMO) factory presets (at least with the H9 anyway, can't recall with the Space..)
Although I do remember really enjoying the 'Solar Delay' preset running into some additional spring reverb, several years ago.

Ruiner

Haha :aok
One thing I will add that I think a lot of people may be inclined to agree with, Eventide seem to make some fairly poor (IMO) factory presets (at least with the H9 anyway, can't recall with the Space..)
Although I do remember really enjoying the 'Solar Delay' preset running into some additional spring reverb, several years ago.
Nice, I have a Benson Tall Bird and Acmeverb tube driven spring reverb units that i love using. Even when i'm using other reverbs i love to have just a little bit of that as an always on thing that just adds to is and really helps digital reverbs feel more natural IMO.

Ruiner

here you go man:

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...timefactor-modfactor-settings-thread.1428582/

and please, share a few of your presets. A simple screenshot of your settings shared in the linked thread will suffice.

The Eventide forum has a great resource by a user named Brock, if you see some of his presets, grab em.

little curious why you decided on the Space rather than the H9?
Awesome! That's what i was looking for and missed it in the search somehow. Thanks!

I thought about the H9 but i found i just don't go into apps and such. I want the controls on the front. I want a good display. I want this only for modulated reverbs and nothing else. I like how this looks better too and we all know how much that affects the tone. :D

I owned an H9 before, sold it, went through the reverb pedal merrygoround, then got a Space and haven't looked back. It's great to be able to tweak the decay and predelay and any number of other parameters using the DUI rather than the iPhone app, though that is a minor problem because the H9 is a genius pedal.

As for presets, Blackhole is sublime, Modechoverb is basically the Cocteau Twins in a box, you can easily tweak it get a wonderful modulated Hall (as good as the Boss RV mod verb). Other than that, I love the Sigur Ros preset for drones, and really look at factory preset 27, Hotsw Freeze (using the Dualverb algorithm). Absolutely beautiful.

cbm

Gold Supporting Member
It's great to be able to tweak the decay and predelay and any number of other parameters using the DUI rather than the iPhone app, though that is a minor problem because the H9 is a genius pedal.
Amusing typo aside, it's worth noting that once you know how, it's pretty easy to change any parameter from the H9 pedal GUI. It's slightly harder than on a Space, but just slightly.

@cbm Ha! I meant as in "Direct User Interface" rather than bollocksed on wine and mescaline behind the wheel of a stolen police car "DUI". Also, good point.

jb4674

I like the plate and the hall algos in the Space. It's a fantastic reverb pedal and it's the only reverb pedal
I own because it is that good. I have a couple of H9 maxes that I still haven't taken out of the box because I simply haven't had the need to plug them in since I have all four factors in my rack.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom