Eventide Space vs Strymon BSR

Rock72

There probably has been quite a few discussions on this one, but I'd love to hear from someone who has tested both how they felt they did compare soundwise. I kniow they are far apart in all the bells and whistles, so mostly looking for personal takes on sound.

crxshdxmmy

General consensus is that you can cover most anything the BSR can do with the SPACE.... and then a whole heap more. Some complaints about the digital conversion of the Eventide, but probably as many complaints about how the BSR doesn't mix well.

Really depends on how much variety/control you want. Or how much you like reverb. Or how much you want to spend.

Brian Lusky

Silver Supporting Member
Had a Blue Sky, now I have a Space. The only thing I miss on the Blue Sky is the shimmer setting. Space has shimmer, but I can't dial it in to something similar to the bluesky. And there's this delayed portamento slide to all the pitch shifted notes on the Space shimmer setting that I can't seem to dial out.

there's the honest, nit-picky truth according to one person. However, the Space is way more versatile than the Blue Sky, and I can't get rid of it because it inspired me to write a whole slew of music that is based on the various sounds I've tweaked and created on there. Maybe I'll have to have both on my board some day. ;)

Delayed Delay

What crxsh said.

I've had both and the Space just wins in every way IMO; the shimmer on the bsr was special, but there's so much more versatility with that mode on the Space.

The Space is a keeper, BSR was not - I even preferred the sound of the Hall of Fame to the BSR.

((TechnicolorSkyline))

Silver Supporting Member
I may be the minority, but I prefered the Blue Sky. I thought it sounded much better, even though it didn't do nearly as much as the Space. I wouldn't have used 90% of what the space did anyway, and it did have some funky digital artifacts or whatever you want to call it that I couldn't seem to dial out (similar problems with the Timefactor). And even though the Strymon was expensive, the Space was even more so which made it not worth keeping for me personally.

Oh, and if not used in the effects loop, those Eventide pedals really do a number on yout tone :/

Eagle1

BSR just sits in your face and sounds like an "effect" . Then you have the dry signal EQ change that comes standard with all Strymon products, now add no input level control and no effective line level and it.
Space is just better.

Rock72

I just purchased a Space, and will put it up against the BSR, and then see how they compare. Thanks for the feedback guys, I was hoping you would all say "stay away from the space, stay away from the space", and help me save $$$. But no :)

Trending Topics