Eventide Structural Effects™

mbenigni

You're not alone. But the imagery did imply something to do with granular synthesis or something similar.

And/or harmonic analysis/ re-synthesis along the lines of Melodyne poly-pitch tech. Possibly something new, possibly an improvement on something we've already seen, possibly nothing at all. Literally no product description happened. But the dramatic presentation certainly paid off - people are already looking to buy pedals and upgrade their H9's! :D

Last edited:

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Silver Supporting Member
So I take it I'm the only guy in the room who didn't think that video said anything at all?
Honestly; I heard piano notes and saw a guitar and immediately jumped to the conclusion that this would some sort of new, more-realer guitar synthesis. I'm always down for that.

WiresDream

They say quite a lot - sounds like some sort of spectral resynthesis stuff, a bit like Camel Audio's Cameleon 5000 and Alchemy plugins - additive synthesis in the H9 perhaps??!

mbenigni

They say quite a lot...

But they really didn't. "Transform", "basic components", "fundamental structure". I mean, I was inclined to draw the same conclusions you do (except I'm thinking s/w) but we're both reading heavily between the lines. And none of what's even hinted at here is new in and of itself. It comes down to application and results, of which nothing was demonstrated.

Last edited:

BCy2k

Call me crazy, but with NAMM right around the corner, this announcement in which "nothing is said," probably means Eventide is about to announce something new (possibly even interesting, at NAMM).

If you know anything at all about the sonic reputation that preceeds Eventide, you're probably curious at the very least. Even if your wallet is already saying, "NO!" LOL

awdwon

Just found this via KVR Audio:

Eventide will be unveiling a new plug-in technology as well as a new algorithm for their TEC Award-winning H9 Harmonizer at this year's NAMM show in Anaheim, CA. They will also be conducting demos of their stompboxes at their main booth #5791 in Hall C as well as demos of Structural Effects, Tverb and the rest of their plug-ins in booth 201C5 located in the Software.NAMM area.

Structural Effects is Eventide's new patent-pending technique that can cleanly split a sound into its tonal and transient components. Each of the components can then be individually processed before recombining them.

"It'll be fun to watch as the industry grapples with something as ground-breaking and revolutionary as Structural Effects," said Eventide's Tony Agnello. "The technique makes it possible to mess with sounds in ways that we've only dreamt of. In fact, we're getting results from testers that defy our imaginations. We can't wait to hear the sounds that artists and sound designers will create as they explore the new world of structural effects."

Eventide will also be unveiling a new multi-effect algorithm for their TEC Award-winning H9 Harmonizer platform called PitchFuzz. This new set of effects combines delay, pitch-shifting and distortion to create sounds never before offered in a single stompbox. PitchFuzz represents Eventide's unique take on the classic fuzz octaver. With three chromatic voices, you can create virtual chords and route them before or after the fuzz and delay effects.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom