Eventide TF aux switch uses

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ninjadave7, Feb 4, 2012.

1. ninjadave7

ninjadave7 Member

I noticed in the TimeFactor manual and in the SYS MENU that you could program different functions to the same switch, such as tap and bypass to the "tip", etc.

I am curious if anyone here does this (doubles up anything on any switch), and how they find it useful. Just looking to maximize my pedal, and see what kinds of possibilities are out there.

2. movingpictures

movingpictures Supporting Member

Very useful. I have mine set to bank down, tap tempo, and hold. In bank mode, it is mandatory.

3. teleclem

teleclem Member

+1, need it for the modfactor. It also allows easy access if your pedal's on the far end of your board.

Is there a way to go up and down between presets? To avoid havig to activate after banking up/down.

4. stratguy23

stratguy23 Member

I'd be curious to know this as well. I need to get controllers for my Eventides I have.

5. this1smyne

this1smyne Member

yes. you can program them to do anything you'd like including bank up and down. i had myne set to bank up and down and hold.

6. ninjadave7

ninjadave7 Member

Thanks for replies. I built a switch and have it set to bank up/down and tap, but really I wanted to know if anyone had multiple functions set to the same switch as the manual talked about being possible and/or sometimes advantageous. Or instance, you can program the Tip to tap AND bypass.

Has anyone done anything like this, and was it cool?

7. teleclem

teleclem Member

I tried doing that multiple assignment thing. Wasn't useful for me. I ultimately went with just bank up and down, and tap.

What I meant earlier was - Is there a way to go from say 17B to 18A without banking up and then stepping on the pedal to activate?

8. ninjadave7

ninjadave7 Member

Right, I'd love to be able to do that too. Having to hit two switches to change banks isn't always that fast. On the flip side, it does let you "cue up" your changes without actually hitting the preset until its time. Nice of you have to go to a much higher bank.

9. jb4674

jb4674 Member

I'm glad I don't need one of those aux switches since I'm controlling all my factors with my midi controller and I'm doing patch changes based on what I want on at the time :)