Eventide Timefactor MIDI question

trazan

Reading manuals and whatnot, it still isn't clear to me if the Looper (record, play, stop) can be controlled via midi. Anyone know?

Also, I understand it can be sent midi clock to control tempo, but I'm not clear on whether it's also possible to "tap" via midi to set tempo?

Eventide

Reading manuals and whatnot, it still isn't clear to me if the Looper (record, play, stop) can be controlled via midi. Anyone know?

Also, I understand it can be sent midi clock to control tempo, but I'm not clear on whether it's also possible to "tap" via midi to set tempo?
1) Yes, the Looper can be controlled via MIDI. In System Mode, under MIDI, select RCV CTL. This is where you assign MIDI Continuous Controllers to control functions of TimeFactor. There are choices for "REC," "PLY," and "STP," which refer to Looper Record, Play and Stop. You can assign these to be controlled by a value of 127 sent from any MIDI CC from 0-99.

2) It is possible to tap tempo via MIDI if the MIDI clock source you are using has a tap tempo function.

trazan

Thanks, Eventide :cool:

Regarding question 2. It needs to be midi clock? I just want to be able to tap tempo with an IA switch on an All Access foot controller. This is not possible?

And since you're around :hiP Is the adapter that comes with the Timefactor "global"? Meaning, can I just attach an European type cord/plug to it and plug it into a 230v outlet?

(I obviously don't have the unit yet. Just checkin' before possibly shopping :))

Eventide

1) It does not have to be MIDI clock. "TAP" can be assigned to be controlled by a MIDI continuous controller as well.

2) TimeFactor will ship with the correct power supply for the region of the world you order in. It is not a universal power supply; it will only work in the country it is designed for.

opultam

I have a quick question as well (I can't seem to find this in the manual).

If I hook up 2 Aux switches, 1 for BANK Up and one for BANK DOWN, and stay in PLAY MODE, how would it cycle through the presets, since there are 2 presets per bank? If I pressed the Aux switch for BANK UP, how would i choose which of the 2 presets in that bank to engage? Would I have to be in BANK MODE to select? Or will it cycle through each individual preset?

Kinda hard to explain what I mean. Does this make sense?

theatomicjeff

2) TimeFactor will ship with the correct power supply for the region of the world you order in. It is not a universal power supply; it will only work in the country it is designed for.
Doesn't this run off a standard 9v adapter in the U.S. - i.e., will it run from a PP2?

Angle Loss

Doesn't this run off a standard 9v adapter in the U.S. - i.e., will it run from a PP2?

9v DC 1200 mA, the adaptor can be plugged into the back of a PP2, but the PP2 does not provide sufficient current enough to power it itself. The Timefactor is well worth having the extra adaptor on your board!

opultam

...the PP2 does not provide sufficient current enough to power it itself...

Please clarify cause I'm a bit confused. Do you mean that even if you plug into the back of the PP2, it still won't be enough to power the Timefactor?

I already have my HOG plugged into the back of the PPS, and was planning on using one of these to split it. Will that be enough?

pRS1C-2265760w345.jpg

Trending Topics

Top Bottom