Eventide Timefactor/Modfactor

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by ptown65, Feb 6, 2008.

1. ptown65

ptown65 Member

Anybody planning on using both of these boxes? I have a Timefactor in the mail and I'm considering pulling the trigger on a Modfactor as well.

I have some questions:
    - What would be a good midi controller for both of these pedals?

- If you are going to use the phaser on the Modfactor w/ distortion, where
    would the best placement in the effects chain be?

- Can the Modfactor do more than one effect at a time. The Timefactor
    can run two delays, but can the Modfactor run more than
    one effect at a time?

Any thought and feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Angle Loss

Angle Loss Supporting Member

I've got a Timefactor already, and have a Modfactor ordered. The MF won't allow two different effects at once, but some of the effects like Phaser will have a dual lfo function to them (think Mu-Tron Bi-Phase or Lovepedal Doppelganger). It has also been said it will have "through zero" flanging as well.

Some people have been using the Tech 21 midi controller, I think it is called the midi mouse? I just use an external footswitch with the TF, a digitech FS-300 for extra control. It would be cool going the midi route and changing both units at once though.

As far as placement, I will be running it post-drive. I already have a phaser for pre-drive stuff. I think only certain phasers sound good like that, such as the Phase 90. With the mix controls, you should be able to get some cool phaser sounds post-drive as well.

3. datguytim

datguytim Supporting Member

I'm getting both boxes - gonna use a MIDIMouse too. Get 2 expression pedals & it's the raddest stompbox setup you could imagine. I thoroughly checked the rig out at NAMM & I gotta say - it's gonna be my touring FX rig.

4. ptown65

ptown65 Member

Great feedback. What expression pedals are you guys using w/ the Timefactor? I have a Roland EV-5 that I plan on using. Has anyone used the Boss FV-500L Volume/Expression pedal w/ the Timefactor? I would like to get a Midi Mouse w/ right angle midi chords to control both the Timefactor & Modfactor.

5. GtrWiz

GtrWiz Member

This is the the way I see it, and I really hope that I'm right... The effect should be the same through both i/o's, but with different settings. So if you have an amp with an effects loop, you could run one i/o in front of the amp and the second i/o in the loop.

or would that be a huge ground loop mess?