Eventide TimeFactor or Pigtronix Echolution?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by wolfvk, Jan 27, 2012.

1. wolfvk

wolfvk Member

Which one should I get?

2. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

They're completely different! The PE is all knobs and switches and obvious what it's doing but it's only doing one thing at a time... The Timefactor has way more flexibility and presets but its harder to figure out what's going on...

3. sahhas

sahhas Member

i liked my echolution when i had it. i miss it at times. love the varispeed things it could do w/ delays...i used it more for doing 12 sec delay loops...

haven't been a big fan of the eventide unit. it's ok. i'm not sure if they are really comparable units. i think the echolution is mimicing what tape delays could do (old echoplex units), obviously w/ some abiltiy to chorus/tremolo options to it, and has ability to add slight gain to it (like i think tommy bolin and others used in the 70s to beef up sound from amps...

the eventide unit, is more of "lots of delay options" box. w/ ability to save presets. you can definately get some great sounds out of it (well both of them)....

4. Reckedtrek

Reckedtrek Member

Everyone has heir own view on pieces of gear, but I don't get it when people say this. It has a knob for each parameter (no menus to deal with unless you're setting things like Buffered output of TB) but as far as creating sounds, there are no menus. The screen tells you what the current value is in the preset and you tweak it until it sounds right. It's right up there with the "one inch thick" Eventide owner's manual. If you've seen the owners manual, it's a pretty hilarious comment.

Again, not trying to stir up problems, just trying to understand what is so hard to figure out on the eventide?

5. sahhas

sahhas Member

both are pedals for tweakers. if you don't like to tweak, neither will be for you.
    if you want simple delays...look elsewhere....both will give you lots of options.....

6. datguytim

datguytim Supporting Member

I love the idea of the Echolution, but my Timefactor does everything I need it to do - with 100 preset spaces. Plus USB upgrades - something to consider.

7. Rockin J

Rockin J Member

I've got both.
    Echolution has the better tone quality.
    Time Factor has presets available which can be handy.
    Both are good but I like the echolution the best.