Eventide Timefactor power supply

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by belman2003, Aug 11, 2008.

1. belman2003

belman2003 Member

Hey guys,
    I'm from australia and i'm interested in buying a timefactor.
    The only thing is that the prices in australia are rediculously high compared to if i bought one from the US.

Now the dumb question...
    Are the pedals individually made for different countries voltages? or would i be able to just get a power supply from Australia to power a pedal from the US?
    I gather that they all run the same, i just wanted to check just because it's different to the normal 9VDC type pedals.

2. KagakuNinja

KagakuNinja Member

It's just 9VDC, 1200ma... any wallwart with those specs should do, although you might ask at the eventide forum.

3. mild

mild Member

I had the same thing as you when the Timefactor came out, I'm a Kiwi.

I ordered the Timefactor from Sweetwater, and the replacement 240v power supply from Eventide support. Go to their page, and look under the FAQ, you'll find a link to an accessories store where they sell it.

They shipped it VERY quickly too. The power supply beat the actual unit from Sweetwater, and I ordered it a few days after!

4. coolhand78

coolhand78 Supporting Member

you can buy one from dick smith or jaycar... i bought one here on the gold coast, cost about $30 i got a slightly higher amperage one... 1600Ma from memory... works a treat... i paid $399 for the pedal with shipping and the power supply im still about $200 in front of buying one here...!

5. Lemmings

Lemmings Member

Does the supplied US adaptor accept 110-240v? I dont mind buying a $5 plug adapter, but its going to cost $50us to ship the correct AU/NZ power supply here :(

6. coolhand78

coolhand78 Supporting Member

you need either a 240v for australia or 110v for the US... The output is the same 9v 1200ma... You can get a stepdown transformer that will make the adjustment for u but its probably the same price as a new power supply anyways...

7. this1smyne

this1smyne Member

the line 6 power supplies work as well... just another option....