Eventide Timefactor users, PLEASE HELP!~

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Porkchop Xpress, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Porkchop Xpress

Porkchop Xpress Member

I just bought an Eventide Timefactor stompbox (serial # TF-01438) and I am trying to update to the newest version and I cannot get the update utility to recognize the Timefactor. I have a Sony Vaio laptop running XP and it has two fully functioning 2.0 USB ports. When I plug the Timefactor in it says that my hardware is ready to use then it disappears and the update utility tells me that “No Eventide MIDI devices are detected”. I have tried uninstalling the drivers, reinitiating the Timefactor, unplugging and trying in different sockets, restarting my computer, etc… In the Sound Device manager the Timefactor shows as fully functioning and enabled and in Location; 0. All devices associated (i.e. USB, Line In, MIDI) are enabled. Please Help! I’m out of ideas.

Thank you,
    Porks

2. thisfire

thisfire Supporting Member

I believe you have to put the TF into update mode...hold the middle switch down while it's powering up.

3. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

Is that all? I have one arriving next Monday and this is my exact concern. I'm hoping my PC will allow me an easy update when the new, full version is available from Eventide.

4. thisfire

Yea, it's really quite easy. I had the same exact problem (if I remember correctly), and it was as simple as putting the delay into update mode before conecting it to my PC. You're going to love it, btw! Make sure to get an expression pedal...there are so many fun ways to mess around with the TF.

5. Porkchop Xpress

Porkchop Xpress Member

I have it in UPDATE mode. It doesn't make a difference.

6. thisfire

Do you have a cable plugged into the "Input" jack? I don't know if this makes a difference, but try plugging something in.

7. Porkchop Xpress

Porkchop Xpress Member

I'll try it. Does this really make a difference?

8. Teahead

Teahead Member

I don't think that matters, but I do recall a thread around here where someone else had this trouble and got it worked out. Maybe a search would turn it up. Sorry not to be more helpful, hope you get it fixed soon man.

9. teefus

teefus Silver Supporting Member

i didn't have to plug anything into the input OR put the delay into update mode. i was using a mac though.