Ever buy a guitar, then sell it, then buy a 2nd time?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by jordans0nly, Jul 5, 2019.

1. wetordry

wetordry Member

No, but there's two I will buy back if I ever run across them.
    I check ebay, reverb, Google images etc periodically.

2. Yamaha 350

Yamaha 350 Member

What is this horse sh*t you speak of? Selling a guitar is a sin. Regret and other thing come with it. Never sell a guitar. Never. :confused::confused:dunno:barf:barf:barf:barf

3. offthiscentury

offthiscentury Member

4. metr01d

metr01d Member

I've had like 5 Boss DS-1 pedals, some from trades and some purchased new/used :facepalm

5. Kurt L

Kurt L Member

Heritage H-150CM. Sold it, bought it back from the same guy about 5 years later. Sold it again a few years after that.

Should have held on to it. Would not mind getting that one back!

6. bdm

bdm Supporting Member

:wave

7. Bucksears

Bucksears Silver Supporting Member

I'm on my 3rd Peavey Wolfgang. First was a Special EXP, second was a USA Special flametop (shoulda kept it), and 3rd is a USA Standard.

Now getting the ACTUAL guitar back, I bought my Ibanez bass back from my cousin in September/October. One of the easiest playing ones EVER.

8. goodwater

goodwater Member

yep--80s Tokai Love Rock LS80

won't make that mistake again

9. Smgbad

Smgbad Supporting Member

My main guitar for years now has been my 1966-67 Kapa Continental. Got it in '09 and absolutely loved it. Anyways, I was learning a song to play for my mom on it... She passed and never got to hear it. It ended up making me sad every time I looked at it, and so I ended up selling it to a fellow TGP'er. A few years later (around 2014-15), I decided I really missed it and began looking for one similar online... That's when I saw where the same person I sold it to had just (not 24 hours before) listed it for sale on here after having gigged it through NY for 3-4 years. Came back all nice and set-up... Now I find I gravitate towards it, and play it whenever I get the chance. Will not be getting rid of it again ;)

Switters, magilla and Hoth like this.
  10. pmjgear

pmjgear Supporting Member

I sold a G&L legacy back to the guy who sold it to me after about 2 years. Via Reverb.

Luecack and Benderp like this.
  11. iGouger

iGouger Supporting Member

Question is, who hasn't? Not only have I bought and sold and rebought the same model/color guitar... I've bought, sold, rebought and sold again the same exact serial number guitar (G&L S-500).

12. fishleehooker

fishleehooker Supporting Member

In that past year I bought back 2 Lentg guitars I foolishly sold. I am very happy to have them back. It was for money to buy a Stevens guitar, which I now have. So it was for a good reason.

13. deathbyguitar

deathbyguitar Member

Yep. Schecter C-1 Exotic, case-in-point. I sold it to my brother because I thought it was too heavy, but later I started playing bass in bands which renders that point moot because basses are even heavier instruments. Anyway.... a seriously underrated guitar they only sold for like 2 years. Legit flame maple top (not veneer), ebony fretboard, stainless steel frets. I think they sold for over $1,000 new but used you can find them used for cheaper than that. It's a super great guitar for the money.

14. Watchguy26

Watchguy26 Supporting Member

Yes, I've purchased the same model/color more times then I care to admit, often trying for the same year. In a couple of instances, I bought my previously owed guitar back. This is partially due to my financial situation and partially my belief that having one exemplary instrument is better then several so-so instruments: if want a Tele for example, the Gretsch has to go. Once I get the Tele (or 175 or Les Paul or Jazzmaster) out of my system, I'll go back to a Gretsch.

15. markjsmith

markjsmith Member

My first Tele! I really didn't have a need for a Tele but had always wanted one! Bought it and while I liked it, it wasn't right for any band I was playing with so I sold it! When I joined another band that I thought would be a good fit for a Tele I bought another and never looked back!

16. jordans0nly

jordans0nly Member

I'm just glad I'm not the only one, lol. I've ordered something here lately from Musicians Friend (it's been back ordered), and canceled and reordered a few times. I know they hate me. But they do have the PRS SE Custom 24 Limited Edition one on sale, looks nice, but not sure if the cherry burst might be a bit much.

Page of Cups likes this.
  17. Page of Cups

Page of Cups Member

18. monty

monty Member

Not yet but as soon as I see a certain Tele I let go of a few years ago I'm going to grab it. The same model anyway.

jordans0nly likes this.
  19. Salfordlad

Salfordlad Member

A bunch of times over the last 55 years of playing...

jordans0nly likes this.
  20. jacklickson

jacklickson Member

Just happened to me this week. Had the chance to re-acquire a beautiful Sandberg California PJ relic that I traded away several years ago. Swapped it straight up for a guitar I wasn’t using and I’m delighted. It’s like having an old friend back.

Page of Cups and jordans0nly like this.