Ever buy back a guitar you regretted selling?

WoodenDuckMaker

We all see many people here who have sold guitars and ended up with sellers remorse. But I think in some cases, people are just paying lip service to their departed guitar. If the guitar a person regrets selling and misses having, is available, and they have the funds, they should go for it. Unless wifey says no way!

I rebought the Epi Sheraton. It was and is my only humbucker guitar, so it needs to stay.

YNoymvl.png

My previous one was MIC, and this is an older MIK, and I like almost all the small differences between the two.

If you have reclaimed a sold guitar, please share it!

Shiny_Beast

Gold Supporting Member
Few things would make me happier than being able to buy back my early to mid 80s sea foam green 57 RI.

cap10kirk

I'd buy back my Tele if I could. It had a Duncan JB in the bridge, 500k CTS pots, orange drop cap, and Gibson style 50's wiring. It also had a maple CBS Strat neck, because I don't like the Tele headstock. It wasn't anything special, and I quit playing it when I got my Les Paul, but it was the guitar that really got me started playing. That was the first guitar I owned that was comfortable for me to play (I had a Strat before that, Strats are awkward and uncomfortable).

Ches

I've done it twice with G&L ASAT's. I call it "Boomerang GAS". In both cases I realized why I sold it in the first place, and neither one lasted more than 6 months.

Chicago Slim

My first PRS, was a 2001 Swamp Ash Special. I sold it to my buddy, to get the money to by a Heritage H535. The Heritage was a good guitar, but the neck was too small for me. So, I swapped the H535, for the SAS. Years later in 2010, I sold the SAS to finance a core line Starla with birds. That is still my best sounding and favorite guitar.

398089907.jpg

398605112.jpg

I had a custom JEM with Herc Fede swirl paint job that i sold, then tried to buy back, but the new owner wasn't having any of that lol
Right now i wish i could buy back one of the Vigiers that i used to own.

TBoneDeluxe

A Warmoth Tele put together by a guy in Ann Arbor. There were two guitars, one red that I have and one green that Laith Al-Saadi (the Voice) has. I sold the guitar in 2001 and bought it back, then again in 2003 and bought it back. Still have it now.

Rotten

Gold Supporting Member
I've regretted every Les Paul Historic I've sold (4). They're such beautiful guitars. Problem is, I just don't play them when I own them. I need a Tele or a 175.

kselbee

Just last weekend I bought back my Les Paul Studio from a friend. It's white with ebony board and is literally the best LP I've ever played... guess sometimes you get lucky. It's also the heaviest guitar I think I've played!

andyk

Silver Supporting Member
I've owned 3 Charvel USA Candy Blue ProMods from '08! I sell them because I get tired of the blue/black hardware look. Then, I miss it and buy one again. It's like I'm stuck in a time warp!

73Fender

I was able to buy back one of my guitars from back in the 70s I had when I was in High School, my 73 Tele which I had sold to a friend. His brother had it a while, it went back to my friend and then I was able to buy it back.

slipbeer

Gold Supporting Member
I bought a PRS Studio (HSS) in 1988. Sold it in 1996 reluctantly to help with some expenses and always regretted it.

A couple of years ago it shows up at Willie's for sale but way overpriced, I guess based on it being a very early PRS. My wife tells me to go get it.

I go down to the store and check it out.

It's pretty much hacked up and beat to death and playing it did nothing for me. It's not about the dents and dings, it just didn't sound or feel good to me.

I still regret selling it but do not regret not buying it back.

b_goatman

Gold Supporting Member
58802-0f72c17fdaa1294b932e2845fe7ce112.jpg

I recently bought back my 1976 ES-175D: I purchased it new in 1977 for $475, then sold it about 8 years ago to a friend, and got it back in September. So glad to have it back!

tnjazz

Runs with scissors
Platinum Supporting Member
2001 PRS McCarty that I used to record a lot of our first album. It was a total beater that I had refinished in nitro in a particular color just for me. It was a great guitar that I sold to get into a Les Paul. Had remorse starting about 6 months later and spent the next 3 years trying to track down the guy I sold it to (it was a craigslist deal). Stumbled on his phone number in an old archived Email this past July and took a chance. Amazingly enough he still had it and said he loved playing it but it had never left his house since buying it. I talked him into selling it back and now it's a permanent fixture here.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom