Ever buy something, sell it, then ultimately buy it again?

CEFlint

Oh, yes.
Timmy
Scarab Deluxe
Ventura Vibe
MXR Dynacomp
MXR Phase 90
MXR Phase 95
MXR 108 Fuzz
Mojohand Crosstown (Huckleberry)
Xotic SP Comp
Xotic SL Drive
OCD (but different versions)

Only ones I kept were the 2nd Timmy and the 2nd SP Comp.

cbpickin

Tweed Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Yes, too many times. The problem I have is that, on more than one occasion, I buy something again because I remember liking it, and then it turns out to be my favorite in that pedal category and justifies me doing the same thing again. As has been said, our ears change, amps change, guitars change, musical context changes, etc. This is also the reason I keep trying out new pedals that come out. Sometimes, I find something that dethrones my favorite and justifies the ongoing, obsessive search one more time.

Ja2854

Silver Supporting Member
Meris Enzo
OBNE Dark Star
JAM Harmonious Monk

Each one just seems to be the only pedal that can specifically do what that pedal does. I've tried to replicate them and....just nah. I just traded my Twin Peaks v5 to get the Monk again.

adolan

Silver Supporting Member
So far only 2x

Meris Ottobit Jr
Chase Bliss Thermae

I still have the Ottobit...

There are a few I have thought about re purchasing but yeah, I'm trying to learn my lesson here. :p

MjCartney

Neo-Maxi Zoom Dweebie
Gold Supporting Member
Yeah. I have a few pieces of gear that I've sold and then bought the same model again, and a few where I reaquired the exact same piece.

JosephZ

This happens a lot with guitarists and gear heads in general because a lot of us suffer, at least for a time, from an odd disorder that makes us believe (sometimes erroneously) that there’s always something better out there.

Last edited:

Rocksully

Forever ago I bought the Strymon Mobius, and didnt like it's sound. Was to digital for me, so I sold it.
Later on I was looking at my board that had a Chorus, Flanger, Tremolo all individually and thought why not get one pedal to do this all? Rebought the Mobius, and then sold it again. Just didnt work for me.

Also, bought the Empress Buffer+ and then upgraded to the Buffer+ Stereo as I loved it so much.
Sold the Buffer+ Mono, then later on needed to build a bass board so had to buy the Buffer+ again.
(I really recommend this pedal)

Spacemuffin

Strymon El Capistan. 1st time I sold it as I favoured the Supa Puss. 2nd time sold it as I favoured the Empress Tape Delay. 3rd time I sold it when the Belle Epoch Deluxe came out.
Thinking of buying it again to shoot out against the RE-202... why am I doing this?

JVIOLIN

Silver Supporting Member
Diamond Compressor, Diamond Memory Lane JR, Custom Shop 74' Phase 90, Snow White Auto Wah Hand Wired, SDD-3KP, Neunaber Wet (Various versions), Lovepedal Fuse, and I have a feeling eventually the DC-2w, silly for returning that. I've had my rounds and keep coming back to what I like.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom