Ever come up with Riffs in your Dreams?

jatna

I have come up with riffs in my dreams a few times. Yesterday was a funny one though. I woke up with the riff in my head, dragged myself over to the computer, grabbed my guitar and recorded it. When I listened back I was like: "wait a minute, that sounds really familiar!" Sure enough it was the main riff from Queen's Another One Bites the dust, cut in half and slowed down. Haha.

I have had Jimi Hendrix show me stuff in my dreams before but I forgot it on awakening.

A few times though, I have turned dream riffs into songs. Nothing amazing but still fun.

Has this happened to you?

Braciola

Gold Supporting Member
Yep, I started keeping a small hand held recorder on my night stand so I can sing the riff into it.

Judge Smails

Yup I come up with really catchy hooks and guitar parts but it's hard to remember them in the morning.

Garthhog

I try to meditate a bit as I am laying down trying to go to sleep. If I start doing an "Om" chant in my head, after a few minutes I start hearing melodies, mostly harmonic minor stuff. Since I am always trying to go to sleep when this happens, I have never tried to get up and record it.

uraniumwilly

One of the main reasons I buy guitars and recording gear is because of the thousands of songs that pop into my head while sleeping - from 3am to 5am. They almost always start out as riffs.

stickyFingerz

Last night I dreamt I was overhauling my RE-201 Space Echo. It was so dusty that the insides were full of what looked like felt. The person that was helping me was dipping the circuit boards in soap water, and the shock woke me up!

Today I felt the need to switch it on and play with it to assure myself it's still OK. All is well with the Space Echo, my mind - not so sure.

Not really related, but had to share. Thanks for bearing with me!

spakuloid

I do - and then I run to the office and try and hum it into a handheld recorder before I lose it.

Pablomago

I get bits and pieces, but one time I heard a song and ran down stairs after waking up and pulled out my guitar and wrote down the whole song. I remembered that one of the chords was Bb and I got it all. I wish that happened more often.

ksandvik

Supposedly Todd Rundgren dreamed the whole Bang On The Drum song with arrangements so when he woke up he went to the studio and recorded it.

A-Bone

Montonero, MOY, Multitudes
Platinum Supporting Member
Last night I dreamed the guitar parts to "You Never Give Me Your Money," complete with fingerings.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom