Ever get bored with an amp, then gig it on a whim and love it again?

bschultzjames

This just happened to me. Thought I wanted to get rid of my 1974 TMB clone so I figured I'd gig it at a rehearsal to see how it fared. Whelp crap...this thing rocks. So much for wanting to GAS for a new amp and start another search! I guess I'm happy again until the boredom strikes.

So who else recently fell in love with an amp they thought they wanted gone? What amp was it?

pics for proof that it exists:

Last edited:
Volume does wonders.

I sometimes get in a rut using big amps at home. It changes the way you hear things. But add some volume and the true character of an amp is able to shine.

ROKY

I have a bunch of amps and play different styles of music so I've chosen amps
over the years that best fit what I'm doing and want to hear from the amp.

bschultzjames

Volume does wonders.

I sometimes get in a rut using big amps at home. It changes the way you hear things. But add some volume and the true character of an amp is able to shine.
This is exactly what happens to me. I live in an apartment...there's no low volume substitute to getting an amp cooking. Even low watt amps [champs, etc] are too loud for my home.

ZosoRush

Im about to get an apartment in April and i have 100 watt and 60 watt amps :/ I see an attenuator in my near future.

Agiknee

Happened to me at the last practice. I have a sunn model t reissue that's been sitting at our practice space for ages. My drummer said a friend showed interest in it when he saw it in the studio. I test drove it, to see if it still functioned well enough to sell. Turned the master to ten, and set the pre amp low, drove it with a rat. Man, now that was a solid tone! I think I'm going to keep it and use it on my next batch of recordings. It blew our twins, v4's, and sovtek migs out of the water.

WhoJamFan

Recently rediscovered my love of the Vox AC4TV head. 2 simple mods and plugged into my Badcat Unleash, this lil tone monster now gets a big kick in the shorts power wise.

After years of playing my scooped Mesa and Vibrolux, I gave my AC30 a spin. I never realized how much how I loved midrange. With the right pedals, it gets me closer to Marshall territory than the other amps ever could.

dcbc

Certainly with my big amps. Just got to go unmic'd in an 1,800 seat auditorium in front of 800--1,000 screaming kids (and their less screamy parents). Long story short, I love my Victoria 45410 more than ever.

Trending Topics