1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ever had an amp lost in shipping?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by jodyb0429, May 21, 2011.

1. jodyb0429

jodyb0429 Supporting Member

Hey gang:

My Morgan DAG 15 left California on May 5 and was supposed to be delievered in 4-5 days. Now today on May 21st the USPS has no idea where the amp is and is opening an investigation into what happened to it. Makes me want to go reverse postal on em...how the hell do you lose a 40 lb amplifier!!!? Anyways sorry for the rant, but my wife is tired of hearing about it :) Ever happen to you guys?

Jody

2. digiTED

digiTED rock > talk

Has not yet happened to me with an amp, but I have had a vintage guitar and very expensive pro photography stuff get seriously jacked up in shipping.

Most recently (Jan 2011) a pro Nikon film scanner worth about the same as your DAG 15 that I shipped USPS Express to Austria. Damaged along the way and USPS was great to work with, refunding the buyer all their expenses and repaying me (via PayPal) the full sale price after the buyer filed a claim.

A while back (~2002), UPS broke the neck joint of a '59 Gibson ES125T and was a pain to work with at first. They offered me a refund on shipping cost, but disagreed with my insured value of $1500. They offered to 'find a suitable replacement' and keep my ES125! I lucked out and found someone higher up the food chain that was a player and aghast at the previous dumbass. He coordinated the shipping of the damaged ES to the luthier of my choice for a repair on their dime all the way. It was a major hassle that took over a month the resolve, but at least I got my guitar back.

3. es137p

es137p Supporting Member

not an amp, but USPS lost a big box Clark Gainster pedal on me. They said they were sorry though.

4. TDJMB

TDJMB Gold Supporting Member

UPS logged my Chapin Stratahoula out for delivery, "lost" it, and then put it up on Ebay 9 months later. There are many posts in the Chapin thread. I waited a year for a replacement guitar and Bill Chapin was put through hell dealing with the claim, at one point offering to pay only for the parts. They would've paid Michelangelo for paint & canvas after "losing" the Mona Lisa. Yes, I asked how do you "lose" a 30-pound box?