Ever have a pedal that...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by TNJ, Jan 3, 2008.

1. TNJ

TNJ Gold Supporting Member

...you initially dont get on with, and you leave it alone for a good long while? Only to try it out on a whim with a rig you normally use, and find yourself being blown away????

I had this experience with the HAO Rumble Mod. It's supposed to be a Dumble style OD pedal with a bit more agression than your standard D* style pedal.
    When I first got it, I didnt really care for it...it was too aggressive, or at least it seemed that way to me.
    Then, I picked up a Collings I-35 standard, and was fooling around with my Bogner Shiva combo. I was running through a couple of OD pedals I had, to see if I could find some good lead tones...Tom Gross, of TGP, had stated in a thread that he really liked the Rumble mod, so I picked up on it, and plugged mine in. When I ran through that D to D/C to D/F# chord run...DAMN! I struck gold. The high frequencies of this thing are what really make it for me. They ring out loud and clear, but without ice pick. The chord definition is also really tasty sounding...sounds like a nice amp that's dimed. With a little tweaking, I can now say that the Rumble Mod is back on the pedalboard...especially with that luscious I-35!!!

Now....what's your "2nd time around" pedal?

S.
    j

2. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

Marshall drivemaster, had the bass on full for 12+ years, my son twiddled with it and I didn't notice - had a fat bottom end with no mush with it at about 3 o'clock.
    Go figure....

3. RDM

RDM Senior Member

4. TNJ

TNJ Gold Supporting Member

Expand on the OCD, please.
    Settings/guitar/amp/etc.

S.
    j

5. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

big muff. when i was 15, i was using it for everything, then I realized that it just wasnt' appropriate in most places... now I feel like I really know how to bring it in for maximum effect.