• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Ever heard of a SOUND ampw/7868 Tubes

Davidg1974

I amgetting ready to buya vintage amp-looks to be from 60s.brand name is SOUND. Came stock with Jensen 12s -2of them(1 has been replaced) has 1-12 AU7RCAbrand, 4-12AX7 Mullards!,and runs on 2-7868 power tubes. sounds phenominal! best tremelo I have ever heard and sonds like a BF Fender.The only thing I can find out is that they were made in Italy and imported into New York and were kind of a local hit up there.ANYBODY with any more info and schematics or thoughts on the 7868s please chime in-it would be much appreciated.Thanks--DAVE

Doug's Tubes

Platinum Supporting Member
The 7868 is similiar to the 7591 except for the base.

My first electric guitar amp back in 1967 was a Sound 1x15 with 7868's. Actually, I think they were manufactured in Mineola Long Island.

Fuchsaudio

They were a LI based company, but there were Italian made Sound amps too. Not sure if they were in any way affiliated.

Davidg1974

Thanks for the info guys, I am getting it for $100 bucks and the mullards alone are worth that, I was very surprised at the sound because it really is a great sounding amp and the trem was killer. I got a 76 Traynor ygl 3 mk3 which is supposed to be a twin-based amp but this Sound was much warmer and closer to old Fender to my ears. Andy-If u see this I plan on sending u the Traynor when I get the money uporcan get my G.A.S. under control for a bit . So hopefully I will contact u soon for an appointment and specifics. Thanks for taking time to reply guys and anyone else feel free to chime in-I need all the help I can get!

slider313

Gold Supporting Member
I had a 2x12 Sound combo with a pair of 7868's. I believe Sound was located in Hauppague, NY. The 2x12 used a pair of 16 ohm Jensen's, in parallel, for an 8 ohm load. It did sound more like a Fender than an Ampeg despite the use of 7868's.

Trending Topics