Ever heard of some of these pedals?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Gear Whore, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Gear Whore

Gear Whore Member

This guy has a LOT of boutique pedals:

http://www.axeandyoushallreceive.com/biglist.htm

He sells the Wampler, Xotic, Diamond, Subdecay pedals etc but he has a lot of brands I've never heard of. I'm going to try out a Wampler Plextortion, Pinnacle 2, and Ecstacy Drive at his place this weekend. I might buy more than one pedal, so can any of you guys recommend some other interesting pedals for me to try out from his list of gear? I might take home a second distortion, OD, fuzz, compressor, delay, or other un-classifiable effect. Thanks

2. Gear Whore

Gear Whore Member

3. forum_crawler

forum_crawler Member

All of the brands this guy carries are known to at least someone here. His website is of great help since there are too few online retailers carrying some of the boutique pedals in Canada and ordering them from the US is just ridiculously expensive.

Guess where I am getting my Plextortion from...

4. cube

cube Member

i had the ecstacy drive it was killer

5. Gear Whore

Gear Whore Member

I was hoping he might have a Brownie there to compare with the Pinnacle 2 and Plextortion to see what has the best "brown sound"...Ah well, I'm gonna try several OD's and distortions while I'm there. Gonna bring the Satchurator as well to compare, just for fun. forum_crawler: I was pretty frustrated about the lack of boutique effects dealers in Ontario as well, until I found out about Scott, who lives only a couple hours from here. Spoke to him on the phone a few times. Real nice guy and he genuinely wants to help you find your ultimate tone. I'll report back on what I thought of all the pedals.

6. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

Scott is a great guy to boot.

7. auratnik

auratnik Supporting Member

Scott guitar pedal arsenal is killer!!!

8. bduguay

bduguay Member

I know who he is (see my sig) and I've been to his place and seen his collection.
    I understand why he had to have an addition built to his house!
    B.

9. forum_crawler

forum_crawler Member

This is good, I think we need more people like him. Canada is sorely ignored when it comes to boutique pedals... I surely hope he becomes successful with this business because we need more!

10. LowWatt

LowWatt Member

He also does a great job promoting our boutique builders - Dr. Scientist, Empress, Solid Gold Sound Labs, just to name a few of the many CDN boutique brands that he carries.