Ever played a Gretsch Elliot Easton G6128

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Leonc, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Leonc

Leonc Wild Gear Hearder Gold Supporting Member

I'm curious what the necks are like on these. I really like the feature set in general but I've never played one and have no idea what the necks are like. (Or if you have experience with the cheaper models made in Germany/Japan/China, how about their necks?)

2. studio8000

studio8000 Supporting Member

hey Leon.
    i've had two of these. i currently have the cadillac green finish. very cool guitar, very light weight. the neck is pretty slim and fast. i dig it a lot. though i switched the pickups out for TV Jones classics. you're actually pretty close, i'm in Long Beach, if you ever wanted to try it out, maybe we could hook up. or i could take it down to Fred's shop so you can play it through one of his amps or something.

mark

3. Leonc

Hey that'd be great. What are you doing right now :)?

4. studio8000

hahaha... i was in fact planning on heading into Fred's shop today. i wont, however be able to stop by home first to pick up the Gretsch.

5. Leonc

Wasn't planning on going to Fred's today either, actually, hehe. But I'm at my office on Ocean in downtown Long Beach. If you like, maybe I can swing by your place or you could even swing by here if you like (I've got a little amp at my office).

6. studio8000

hey Leon,
    i just got back from Fred's. i'm at home now, but i work in north Long Beach. if you ever wanna come by, let me know and i can plan on bringing the guitar with me in the morning. i have a couple of amps with me at my shop. just let me know.
    blugup@msn.com

7. Leonc

Email sent...oh didn't even ask. Do you own the G6128 or one of the other Easton models?

8. studio8000

the real deal g6128ee

9. Jon C

Jon C Silver Supporting Member

I have the real deal too, in black.

Very nice guitar IMO. Neck profile is somewhat slim front to back with a bit of V in it, but not such that it bothers me (I like only subtle Vs, don't like Fender Vs, love the G&L and McInturff mild Vs I've seen). Smaller than the neck I'd usually choose but it plays well.

The "mud" (tone) switch is useless IMO, I just leave it in the middle position and use the pickup selector. Elliott Easton has totally bypassed it on his personal guitar.