Ever Re-Visit An Album Years Later and Finally "Get" It?

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Guitar Josh, Apr 11, 2017.

1. champion ruby

champion ruby Member

A Love Supreme.

I listened to the whole thing in a car ride with my father and felt like I was being tortured. 5 years later I gave it a listen, remembered the themes and loved it.

2. bearbike137

bearbike137 Supporting Member

No joke - just listened to "Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols" for the first time (after only hearing bits and pieces over the years). The album completely blew me away. Johnny Rotten's performance (as well as Steve Jones) is incredible.

deeohgee likes this.
  3. OddJobb

OddJobb Member

I never new what he was singing on the chorus?? till about 3 years ago,,, I thought he was say "I'm not talkin bout the linen"
    Actually it's,,, "I'm not talkin bout movin in".....

4. Lost_Cause

Lost_Cause Member

Wilco - Being There. The lyrics were really too cheesy for me that in the beginning. At the prompting of some people here, I gave it a new listen and have enjoyed it thoroughly since. Not sure why the change of heart, but love it now.

Now I have found albums that I didn't know about until well after they were released that I got into but this is the only one that didn't speak to me and then did.

5. gotstochill

gotstochill Member

For me it is Pavement, specifically the albums Slanted and Enchanted and Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain. For years I would dismiss them and even make fun of them. Then I heard one song on a podcast and something hit me or clicked. Now I love those two records.

JeffK likes this.
  6. bassethound

bassethound Member

I loved S&E from the get-go and have always been a little lukewarm on Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain. I didn't like Wowee Zowee for quite a while but now it might be tied with S&E for my favorite Pavement album.

gotstochill likes this.
  7. hoyadoctor

hoyadoctor Supporting Member

8. Bluesful

Bluesful Supporting Member

Bitches Brew.

deeohgee likes this.
  9. thewalkingboss

thewalkingboss Silver Supporting Member

Everything Bruce Springsteen did before 1984. I finally got it around 1986 one night when a juke box in a bar played Thunder Road 3 times in a row. I was mesmerized. But it was more like 1992 when I really became a huge fan of his '70s stuff.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017