Ever recognize a person on a "Wanted" poster?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by benagain, Mar 25, 2015.

1. benagain

benagain Member

The local police posted a picture on-line looking for someone who picked up a wallet at a local grocery store. By picked - up I mean he saw an old man drop it and he grabbed it..all caught on camera. I think I know the guy from high school, and another person ID him on the picture...so Im pretty sure its him. Anybody ever recognize a person on AMW or similar?

2. Peteyvee

Peteyvee Premium Platinum Member

No, but there was some idiot wanted for auto theft who hid on the roof of a house and they showed it live on the news, which I was watching in my office.

The news helicopters camera zoomed in on his face, I looked at one of my co-workers and said "Hey, isn't that your neighbor the idiot?" He said "No, it's my idiot neighbor's idiotic little brother and that moron has been on Facebook all morning saying how he's running from the cops." :rotflmao

3. Rick Lee

Rick Lee Member

When I was a kid and did the FBI museum tour, they had a 10 most wanted poster from some long ago year where two of the perps were ID'ed by tourists on the museum tour who recognized them as neighbors or co-workers.

4. loudboy

loudboy Member

They printed a page of "Wanted" pics in the newspaper, and one of them was a receptionist we'd had, who stole several checks and small amounts of cash from several employees.

I guess she kept right on, after she was fired.

5. benagain

benagain Member

Thats sad for so many reasons..those who abuse where usually abused themselves...(not making excuses, just stating facts.)

6. bloozeman1

bloozeman1 Supporting Member

are you talking about the dude over in olean/allegany NY at the reids food barn?

7. mark norwine

mark norwine Member

Yes.

This guy:

[​IMG]

Y'all know this guy, right? Wiped out his 3 kids, wife & mother.....

...got caught 20 years later after being profiled on America's Most Wanted.

His youngest kid was my friend. It was the beginning of 8th grade. Dark days.

So, yeah. I knew this monster.

RIP, Freddie...

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  8. Rimbaud

Rimbaud Tarnished Silver Gold Supporting Member

Yes, as part of a State/Regional Fugitive Task Force for over ten years that was sorta what I was paid to do.

9. FractalGarden

FractalGarden Member

While I see where benagain's coming from, I have to assume there was a sense of smug satisfaction finding out about the bully.

10. Matt Jones

Matt Jones Supporting Member

Not a wanted poster but I recognized my ex-brother-in-law on the late night news where they were asking for peoples' help in identifying a man who had just gone on an armed crime spree that included robberies, two home invasions and a car jacking. We rarely watch the news and when my wife and I saw the guy we knew exactly who he was.

He had recently been released on parole too. His decision years ago to try meth destroyed his life.

11. chrisr777

chrisr777 Member

This. The father of one of my son's friends when he was 13 or 14. He was kicked out of the house and a couple of years later the mother of another one of my son's friends sent us an email link. He was convicted of sex with a girl under the age of 13. We suspect it was one of his daughters.

12. wi3465

wi3465 Guitar Slut Gold Supporting Member

Side note, my sons drummer is on a sex offenders list. He "mooned" 2 girls that had flashed him. Law enforcement saw all of it, only he was charged. Things are not always what they seem.

13. Headshok

Headshok Member

Standing in a car dealership with a group of guys watching the news at the end of a long Saturday. Crime Stoppers comes on and profiles this guy wanted for bad checks, fraud and forgery. He was standing right next to me. He eased his ass out of the dealership never to be seen again. at least not as an employee of that dealership

14. Peteyvee

Peteyvee Premium Platinum Member

The guy on the roof was a tweaker too...he was so high, he thought he could hide from the LAPD on a roof... :facepalm

15. Greentone

Greentone Member

It's true, there is a guy in my parents neighborhood who is on the list for talking a leak by the side of a highway at night.

16. Brerwombat

Brerwombat Member

I used to occasionally attend this big church in Orange County. One of the staff members who also worked at the affliliated HS is on the registry for doing inappropriate things with a student (daughter of another staff member).

Even as college students back then, my friends and I always thought he was a creeper.

17. Ravindave_3600

Ravindave_3600 Member

I know two guys on the list. One admitted to me he'd done it. The other I'm 85% convinced was wrongly convicted.

18. cadduc

cadduc Member

well, not a wanted poster, but bill, our first roadie in our first band is on the sex offenders list and has not been in compliance, that is registering, for three years, look out for him, I know he did the crimes that he was charged and convicted for,

multiple counts with multiple girls, two under the age of 14 one under the age of 10,
    he was caught with one girl, the last one we figure, on the kitchen table when his wife and I returned from a two hour trip to buy stuff for his birthday party,

his family is hiding him, they always have, money talks
    not all of us that were sexually abused, abused others, some of us are just in a deep depression

19. ACfixer

ACfixer Member

Yeah, my sister's step son about 5 months ago.

http://www.fox23.com/news/news/local/east-tulsa-shooting-suspect-considered-armed-dange/nhfxm/

One of those too, a guy who ran a restaurant up in Big Bear Lake.

There's more to that story. You don't end up on a sex offender's list simply for public urination.

20. cpjim

cpjim Member

i saw a guy i was in the navy with on america's most wanted. he stole some chevy blazers right off the assembly line and left the security guard to take all the heat.