Ever want to connect every pedal and amp you own, all at once?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Kurt L, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Kurt L

Kurt L Member

I’m thinking the resulting cacophony might express exactly how I’m feeling... huge amounts of background noise and gain, all delayed, reverbed, compressed, pitch shifted, modulated.

Four power supplies and every battery in the house, daisy chain off a couple of tuners... I should be able to get at least 40 pedals in series. Pretty sure I have enough George L’s connectors and wire. (But that would still leave a few sad pedals alone and ostracized. I’m looking at you, MXR Distortion +!)

I might not even need a guitar. Maybe it would be enough just to tap my thumb on the tip of a 1/4” TS plug a few times. Rhythmically, of course.

Who am I kidding? I’d have to play some slide, maybe some Ebow, do a few whammy bar dive bombs. Smoke On The Water, for sure.

I could feed the pedal chain from my computer interface for limitless options. And holy crap, I forgot I have a small built-from-a-kit Theremin!!!

If you count modellers and MicroCubes, I could probably feed portions of the signal to at least 9 sources of amplification. Best to record with just a single omni mic in the middle of the room.

Could be my ultimate artistic statement. Bet the cats won’t like it, though! And I’ll have to wait until Mrs. L is not at home.

I’ve seen similar projects on YouTube, but I may have to try it myself. Pulling this off would require unprecedented levels of OCD. Wonder how long it would take? You just know ONE stupid cable would go intermittent!

This idea was brought to you by insomnia and the letter F.

Can you help me figure out the best pedal order? Do you think I’ll need a buffer? :p

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    JackfromAK likes this.
  2. Oinkus

Oinkus Member

Yes , I have wanted to connect everything I own up at once. Might need multiple buffers. Figuring out the order will take a lot of trial and error because pedals can be finicky. If you have a FX loop or 2 it gets trickier too. Good luck you are going to need it.

3. Kurt L

Kurt L Member

Oh, hell! I totally forgot that several of the amps have effects loops! And some of them are parallel!!!

4. cptgone

cptgone Member

I built a 100Hx70W stand, housing 70 pedals (in Behringer pedal boards) and both my 3W amps.
    If I were to start over, I'd use a Jaspers rack instead (or build a closet with drawers) to fit the boards on.

Using a looper helps. When I make a mistake patching up new pedals, or when a pedal negatively impacts any others, it's easier to find the culprit (I opted to group pedals according to category, e.g. fuzz pedals).

Whenever I switch on my power supplies, I have to switch off 5 autobooting pedals hehe.

I haven't used them all at once though. I just like to have them all at the ready.

5. Gaheba

Gaheba Member

Here you go.

Just saw they have a new video - 146 pedals!

6. T Dizz

T Dizz Member

I remember hooking up all my big amps at once back in the day.. 2 half stacks and a bass stack of 2- 1x15 cabs. Its was......
    [​IMG]