• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Ever wanted to know what Slinger used to look and play like!?!??

I found that some of my old stuff had been posted by a freind. Here you go, from my SRV rock and blues garbage style era. I always remembered it sounding better :dunno you have to laugh at yourself to keep from crying.

This one was my band the Rhythm Wheels, but I was not singing on this, our cover of the Bone Crushers version of "Cold Sweat" in 98 and may have been drunk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeaqmmD7YBQ&feature=related

This one is a lot harder rock, I sat in with a band for a gig and sang this one back in 92 (3rd time playing the song) and may have been drunk (no I was drunk)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI6QIQ-n608&feature=related

I do miss my hair,...............but not the hat!!! WOW did I suck!

Last edited:

crzyfngers

i had no idea you were a hippy.:D i like it. the james brown was cool. couldn't have been too drunk, you made the breaks.

Looks/sounds like real music to me, bro! Playing the snot outta that guitar. But how could you guys see your sheet music in that second video? It's so dark... :)

I gotta say, when they put me in charge, any company caught manufacturing, trafficing in, or otherwise distributing SRVaughabe cowboy hats will not be eligible for any bailout money whatsoever!

Looks/sounds like real music to me, bro! Playing the snot outta that guitar. But how could you guys see your sheet music in that second video? It's so dark... :)

I gotta say, when they put me in charge, any company caught manufacturing, trafficing in, or otherwise distributing SRVaughabe cowboy hats will not be eligible for any bailout money whatsoever!
I did not know the Rhythm Wheels video even existed until the other night. It was the last show I played, I sat the guitar down right after this show and did not play it again until 9 years later. I have been under the wrong impression about the time away from the guitar. All this time I thought I had quit playing for 10 years, turns out 9 was the magic number. Thank you for the kind words, and how do I go about getting this bail out money!?! :D

Last edited:

andybaylor

Silver Supporting Member
SON OF A BITCH!!!!

waitaminute...

SUMBITCH THAT SOUNDS GOOD!!!!

Sorry for the profanity. This kicks ass.:glen

Last edited:

amigo30

That was great! It looked like you were having a blast up there. What made you put the guitar away?

That was great! It looked like you were having a blast up there. What made you put the guitar away?
Thank you my Amigo, I appreciate it. Why did I lay the guitar down, here is the story,.......
At the time of the one of me singing from '92 (Duces and One Eyed Jacks)I was playing with an original country band, that was how I was making my living at the time. We were in the studio for 8 months working on our LP. I was the writer and ofcourse the guitarist. I was also in my own blues original studio project trying to piece that together. Oh yeah, I was also playing with a hard rock cover band at the time in between the country gigs. I had come off the road about 1 year prior to '92 playing 6 nights a week in a show band :facepalm (yeah I know). I got a call from a friend of mine who asked me to do this gig with him and his brother in their original project, they were short on a couple of songs so I wrote the song in the video along with a few others. It was a week night gig so I was able to work it in, we practiced once and went and played. It was fun, a break for me at the time. But I was worn down by the time the the second video was made. That was a thrown together project as well, it was alot of fun. But I was tired and seemed to be getting no where so I layed the guitar down for nearly a decade and got married. I picked the guitar up about two years ago with no expectations other than to be true to myself, it is the most fun I have had with the guitar. There you have it, my little saga.

Trending Topics