Every Leslie/Rotary Pedal on the Market?

iama

+1 for the Roctary. Just got it and it sounds great. Inexpensive.. Can't wait for rehearsal.

Highway Man

Keeley Super Mod workstation. I imagine it’s the same engine as is in the Monterey; I haven’t noticed any noise issues, though.

67blackcherry

Long time H&K Rotosphere user here; it’s big and noisy but sounds great.
A few years ago I built a smaller board and opted for an RT20; great pedal, doesn’t sound as good as the Rotosphere and doesn’t have a brake switch which is a real bummer for me.
I’ve looked and listened and played and I’m eventually going to replace the RT20 with a Neo Vent full size.

coyote-1

+1 for the Roctary. Just got it and it sounds great. Inexpensive.. Can't wait for rehearsal.
The Chorale on that thing sounds great. As good as I’ve heard on a simulator.

The fast speed is pretty good too.... when you switch speeds, does it ‘ramp’??

nlopez

Silver Supporting Member
I don't know... a lot of people pay a premium price to get their new gear to look like that. That's a premium properly antiqued piece of gear you have there, and should fetch an accordingly premium price if you ask me. :D
I have a grubby old MKI too and was thinking of selling it, but I heard Jeff Beck use one last week! I also have a Pigtronix Rototron that a bought at a MF SDOTD which is very good. the Rotochoir is not bad. If I lost one of these, I think I would go the Digitech route.

iama

The Chorale on that thing sounds great. As good as I’ve heard on a simulator.

The fast speed is pretty good too.... when you switch speeds, does it ‘ramp’??
It does indeed. My bass player heard about a minute of the roctary and decided to buy one and lose his EHX pedal. Apparently it sounds great, which is nice to hear when you buy blind.

I like it a lot, I think it sounds great, still breaking it i but it sounds great. Lots of inspiration waiting!

coyote-1

I got my Roctary yesterday. While I think the BigSpender/MoneyLaundry actually gets the overall Leslie sound more accurately, this Roctary pedal is so close that the slight difference in ‘sizzle’ is negligible. And the feature set is outstanding.

First off, it can be used as a final boost stage into the amp if you put it at the end of the signal chain, use the ‘brake’ function, and set the Drive where you want it. Putting my Ego into the Boost/feedback pedal into this, and then into the ‘lead’ channel on the Marshall results in serious gain/drive.

Aside from that, I’ve set my slow and fast and ramp speeds to match my Leslie 147. The bass/horn balance is around 2 o’clock (more horn, but still plenty of low rotor). I mucked around with the octave controls; those combined with my PitchFork yield some incredibly thick pipe organ sounds.

Interestingly, my picking sounds far cleaner and more consistent with the Roctary than with the MoneyLaundry. I don’t know why it would be more articulate, but it is. Oh, and I can hit one footswitch on the unit without hitting the other! Since it has a Brake control that’s dependent on hitting both switches simultaneously, it could even benefit from having those switches a bit closer together.

I think I saw someone write of concerns about having an isolated power supply for it - I’m having no issues running it on the same supply that’s powering all the other 9v pedals on the board.

Last edited:

Tabor

Silver Supporting Member
searched this thread and I don't think anyone has mentioned the DLS Rotosim and Rotospin yet so I'll add those to the list...

I just got the Mini Vent and am selling the Lester G. Let me say this though, I think the Lester is great. It sounds great and is tons of fun. The only reason for the change is the size of the pedal. I havent even played the Mini Vent yet. I am hoping the Mini Vent will live up to its reputation.

Samarasa

I use an MXR Micro Flange with the rate cranked and regen to taste for my "rotary" sound.

It sounds close enough for my needs, especially at a jam. It gives some of that Jimmy Page chewiness, and sounds great into drive pedals.

I think I paid $90 for it. It's a decent flanger too!

JLee

It used to be that the Korg G4 was the king of the rotary...

Had one and sold it relatively quickly. I thought the H&K Rotosphere sounded more realistic.

Currently own a OG Neo Vent, my second. The H&K is awesome too, but everyone wants noise free and pedal board friendly.

I just got the Mini Vent and am selling the Lester G. Let me say this though, I think the Lester is great. It sounds great and is tons of fun. The only reason for the change is the size of the pedal. I havent even played the Mini Vent yet. I am hoping the Mini Vent will live up to its reputation.
Good choice. I went through most of the reputed rotary pedals and the MVII is clearly the best. The Hammond Leslie G was also very good. Admittedly I never tried the Lester G as I didn't like the demo's

RBH

Pigtronix Rototron
Just curious about your RotoTron... Mine has a distinct digital whine - I also notice this similarly with their echolution Filter delay. I'm using their supplied power source and none of my other pedals experience this whine noise - Do you notice anything noisy with your Rototron? I also have their quantum time warp which seems to be pretty quiet.

Just curious about your RotoTron... Mine has a distinct digital whine - I also notice this similarly with their echolution Filter delay. I'm using their supplied power source and none of my other pedals experience this whine noise - Do you notice anything noisy with your Rototron? I also have their quantum time warp which seems to be pretty quiet.
The pedal is analog. So, I’m curious how it could have a digital whine. Honestly, I’ve never had noise issues with Pigtronix pedals.

lpnv59

The original Ventilator captures the most accurate Leslie effect. Tried the mini but it’s not as sweet. Never tried the NVll. I previously had the Destination Rotation, RT-20, H&K and the Vent left em all in the dust for what it’s supposed to be.

Trending Topics