Every other Les Paul but mine sucks.

nateco

Why is it every thread on here is about how crappy Les Paul's are...but people are happy they have a good one.

If everyone has a good one, how are there so many bad ones??

Seems like every LP that's hanging on the rack is a dud, but every one that's in someone's collection is a rare good one.

Seems really strange.

DWB1960

I had the guys at Wildwood Guitars cherry pick the best R9 from their inventory when I was buying mine. Super resonant and only about 8.25 lbs (non-chambered).

neoprimitive

My Les Paul is a masterpiece.. And it's just an Epiphone.. ;-)
I do see a lot of posts of people complaining out Gibsons though.
I don't know why, the ones I played in GC seemed awesome.
Maybe there are bad ones out there..
All I know is the my Epi LP is a great instrument, and I can't complain about anything on it.

kev324

I have two of the lower end LPs and love them both. Just put Kent Armstrong stealth 90s in my 60s tribute and it's even better now.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

Trea

I think that it's more of a price vs performance thing, especially with newer Gibsons. For what they are charging these days, people expect more.

nateco

Dude, it's TGP.
That's probably it.

I just find it so peculiar that the guitars that have not yet been purchased are always inferior to the ones that have been.

Makes you feel sorry for all the suckers that didn't get a good example.

IRG

I've often wondered the exact same thing, and thought about starting a thread too :D.

Truth is, yeah, it's TGP. No one here is going to say, "You know what, I went out and actually bought one of those crappy LP's that everyone complains about".

And when you buy it online, I'm sure the guys at Sweetwater or Wildwood, etc. will absolutely make sure you get the best one out of a hundred, because "you deserve it", and that you are now best friends :D.

It's called luck too. But also, I don't think there are anywhere near the number of lemons that people talk about. I just don't believe it. Now, there may be some badly set up guitars, but with a little work, most will be fine.

Timmo

Silver Supporting Member
And when you buy it online, I'm sure the guys at Sweetwater or Wildwood, etc. will absolutely make sure you get the best one out of a hundred, because "you deserve it", and that you are now best friends :D.

:roll

Beat me to it.............

michael patrick

Loud and proud
Silver Supporting Member
I have owned Les Pauls that were dogs. Sold them and kept the one that wasn't.

Gratuitous pic post:

Braunzo

It's a trash/treasure kind of thing.

I don't go posting about how all other Les Pauls are junk, but I will say that mine is one of the few I have really enjoyed. Gibson is inconsistent. And I don't mean that in a bad way, necessarily. They just all differ. So after playing a TON of Les Pauls, I found the one I enjoyed. That was the hardest hunt I have ever had.

XKnight

There are lot of Gibson hater for various reasons. I love my Gibson guitars and the Historic Reissue LPs are among the best guitars out there. I haven't found a bad one yet. I think it's definitely more hit and miss with the lower cost LPs.

pattste

Silver Supporting Member
Yes, that's a classic! Like they'll ship the best one to a customer across the country and be stuck with the substandard ones when trying to sell to a customer face to face.

Fenderesq

Outside of the gratuitous Gibson bashing (perhaps only 2nd to GC in the "bash" dept on here) it is very much a GP mentality which at times can be amusing if not downright entertaining.

Its like when someone makes a post soliciting recommendations on either "A" or "B" and people will push "C", "D", "E" etc which was not at all what is being asked by the OP but, coincidentally enough, just happens to be what they themselves own.

Funny how that all seems to work.

JoeYello

Silver Supporting Member
Not a dog in my bunch........I also believe the ones in GC that suck just need new strings, a decent setup and some TLC, oh and an RS kit and some Marshallheads or Godwoods....but what do I know, I have only been playing them since 76.

Trending Topics