The battery covers on T-Rex's ToneBug series...
I was at a gig and changing the battery on the fly just prior.
With my fairly big hands, as it was a PITA to open from the middle. The rubber pads thickness added to the annoyance of getting your finger in there.
When I finally broke it completely off by over or hyper-extending the battery cover, I decided to write T-Rex. I cussed up a storm, (prior to tactfully warning them first, of course), expressing my findings with their design. I told them that their design made it difficult to change the battery while holding the pedal in your hands to manipulate the cover to flip open.
The cover is molded to fit one way...
I suggested a better, ergonomically friendly approach by simply turning the cover around 180° so it can easily flip open from the outer edge while holding the pedal in one hand and manipulating the cover.
-Simply to make a cover that is molded mirror image or a universal type, proprietary to their company's cosmetic...
They took my inquiry serious with a sincere e-mail and thanked me for the constructive input and laughed about the 4 letter words...
Not a biggy if they redesign or address this issue of course, but you need pedals that one relies upon;
to function properly and not have that be a concern prior to a going on stage for a performance. Good ole duct tape fixed that ! lol
On with the show !
Visual Sound .......their supposed "good for a million cycles" switch failed on my chorus pedal with MINIMAL use.....opened up the case.....these guys use a piece of FOAM between the switch and a microswitch on the board!!!!
Yes. A Mutron Phaser, back when I was young and it was new. I was playing a club, and somewhere in the first set the power cable got a little flakey and started intermitten failures.
Ah, the days before true bypass. Rather than sputter my way through the rest of the set, I took it out of line.
During the break, I quickly took it apart and resoldered one of the power links that connected the cable to the board. Cold-soldered bastard.
With about five minutes left, I slowly noticed I was having progressively increasing difficulty getting the thing reassembled. I then realized (or concluded, at any rate) that the thing seemed deliberately designed to make it impossible to take apart and put back together. Anyway, the band is waiting to get started and I'm looking up at them like "just give me 10 more seconds" for what had to be 3 minutes.
Finally, I realized it just wasn't going to happen. I calmly looked down at the collection of boards and case and screws and said, "I'm going to break you."
I stood up, stomped as hard as I could on the poor thing about 5 or 6 times, and took my amp off of standby.
I have always enjoyed the printer scene in Office Space.