Everyman - a Song I Wrote for my Father

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by tenchijin2, May 26, 2015.

1. tenchijin2

tenchijin2 Member

I wrote this about 5 years ago, and did this recording in January of 2013. I wrote it for my dad to sing, long before he was ever diagnosed with cancer. It turned out to be a very poignant and bitter sweet event for us. There's more story on youtube, if you care to read and listen:

2. Yossi

Yossi Member

Thank you for posting this powerful song and story (read it on YouTube). I was very moved by both and sent a message Aric and asked him to post the song.
    It's moving and meaningful.

Barfetta likes this.
  3. tenchijin2

tenchijin2 Member

Thanks for suggesting it. Obviously it won't resonate with too many, but I hope a few people enjoy it at least.

4. fdesalvo

fdesalvo Member

Thanks for sharing. I hope it helps to bring peace.

5. Barfetta

Barfetta Member

This is a wonderful sentiment, Aric !!! Kind of hit me hard though. I whipped up a crummy tune for my Mom, on the Tuesday night before this last Christmas. She always loved to hear what I'd been up to most recently. So I picked her up on Christmas Eve morning, brought her to the house to begin our Christmas holiday. We had a great day. That evening, she had a massive brain hemorrhage...she passed away on Christmas day. She never got to listen to her song.
    The biggest compliment a person can give you is to tell you your song has stirred up an emotion for them. Thank you for posting this...your song was a success.
    And thank you, Yossi for having Aric post it for us...

Mike C.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  6. tenchijin2

tenchijin2 Member

Mike, you honor me with your comments. I'm glad and sad that you can relate.

Barfetta likes this.
  7. Yossi

Yossi Member

My condolences to you Mike. I'm sure your mother hears the song every time you sing it.

Barfetta likes this.
  8. Barfetta

Barfetta Member

Thank you kindly, Yossi. Aric's wonderful song and sentiment brought forth quite a few feelings for me. Sometimes the strongest of powers are hidden in the softest of places.

Yossi likes this.
  9. enharmonic

enharmonic Old Growth Gold Supporting Member

Thank you for sharing your song.

Yossi likes this.
  10. tenchijin2

tenchijin2 Member

This time of year is always hard for those of us who've lost loved ones because Christmas is normally tied to childhood, growing up, and family time. Much of my dad's last few months were focused on his final Christmas, because he knew it would be his last. Several of the pictures in the Youtube video are from that last Christmas. His huge tree, his cheerful smile, standing with my kids. It pains me that they didn't get to have him in their lives longer. He was a real gem.

11. tenchijin2

tenchijin2 Member

Yet another year has gone by. Five years ago he passed away. I know many of you have the same experience, and eventually most of us will. It's something we all can relate to.