Everyone says this pedal is rubbish, but you love it...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by conanb, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Hofnarr

Hofnarr Member

Amusing that the first person to like this post has the username "Pidgin English".

2. JosephZdyrski

JosephZdyrski Member

Oh and one more that should have been even more obvious to me than the two boss pedals or even the grunge is ......the TC Electronic Gauss Tape Echo. This pedal sounds soooo good and haven’t noticed the volume drop others have complained about at all.

3. apeekaboo

apeekaboo Member

Wow... He can also learn you how to play Smoke on the Water, "There's nothing much to it". Using the same pedal, of course. :aok

Scott57 likes this.
  4. wilto

wilto Member

Ehx metal muff with top boost

5. Neverwhere

Neverwhere Member

Wah pedals

haha just kidding
    I hate wah pedals

conanb and Spacehead_ like this.
  6. Feverdog

Feverdog Member

EHX Lumberjack. Boost? OD? Fuzz? Broken radio? Who knows. Very freakin loud and dirty tho. I don't even think it's thought of as rubbish just not thought of at all which is understandable cuz the thing is a serious head scratcher

7. songtalk

songtalk Member

Boss OD-2R. To be fair, the OD-2 was a flop, barely reaching unity unless the level control is dimed. As a result, the improved OD-2R is assumed to be identical. It's not! It's louder than unity at below noon! It's a REALLY good sounding OD.

charmonder likes this.
  8. sixesandsevens

sixesandsevens Member

Does Eleven Rack count as long as I keep it on the floor? ;)

conanb likes this.
  9. Gaheba

Gaheba Member

Fulltone Secret Freq.
    Gets no attention here, and the few comments I see are nearly always negative for some reason (usually a complaint about MF). People often seem confused by this pedal.
    One of my favourite medium gain dirt pedals (its got plenty of gain on tap for me). Killed my need to put a Rat on one of my boards. Great with a strat into a Blues Deluxe.

10. USMarine75

USMarine75 Member

I bought a Hotone (Hoe-Tone? Hot One?) Skyline Djent for like $25 new. It actually doesn't sound bad...

[​IMG]

conanb likes this.
  11. $tratcat

$tratcat Member

Mode Four is the Univibe sound, but I use an EQD Depths for that. The first three modes are Leslie sounds - I stick to mode one and don't use the on-board overdrive. I like having the two speeds and the brake option (holding both pedals down at once). The Univibe mode is pretty good though, IMO. I've seen this pedal on Landau's board.

12. Mosley

Mosley Electric Catnip Gold Supporting Member

Way Huge Supa Puss! Absolutely my favorite delay pedal, does everything I could ever want in an analog delay! I think there’s a small cult following for it, but most people seem to basically write it off as a dud.

Spaceman Spacerocket is another ridiculously underrated pedal, I get so many wild sounds out of that thing, and the fuzz is thick as hell, but most people seem to just think it’s kind of meh.

13. WrapAround

WrapAround Member

Digitech iStomp

Tmidiman likes this.
  14. mountainmaster

mountainmaster Member

15. conanb

conanb Member

Haha, I've always wondered how it's pronounced too :)

16. borducks

borducks Member

I think it’s just usually met with “just get a DMM already” but a true analog slay with tap, diva, expression in AND an FX loop at that price??? Gotta love that. And years ahead of the Rubberneck. Though I do want one of those now.