• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

EVH 412 - stupid question about the variations

Classic09

Is there any difference between the various EVH 5150 412 cabs other than cosmetics? The 5150 100S has a metal grill but other than that the others seem to be exactly the same other than colours and naming.

Randy

Silver Supporting Member
What speakers did the very first EVH cabs come with - does anyone know for certain? I think it was the Celestion Heritage G12M, but would appreciate confirmation.

Wdgx3

nkc member
Gold Supporting Member
I had a few of the real early EVH 412 cabs. They had the EVH labeled speakers.
I believe the EVH 212's had different speakers but I'm not positive on that.

xentrix

Straight from Celestion:

Relabeled Heritage, this is old news..
i know this explanation.evh g12m voice coil diameter 44.5 mm heritage g12m 44mm.You can check the celestion site.İhave 4x12 evh cabinet and evh 2x12 cabinet i changed the speakers with g12m heritage g12m. orjinals are g12h anniversary.i know the sound not the same evh g12 m is bright but heritages are dark and heritages has top end bite.zilla cabs is already telling the difference on youtube,if you don't believe me.
I'm telling you that I have 2 speakers,heritage and evh you still say the same...

xentrix

Zilla Cabs

I think a lot of the signs are that they are the same, they use a specific cone which I don't think is used on other speakers, but there is definitely a different doping used on the speaker, the changes are subtle but I have found the two speakers to record different. I didn't want to get too bogged down in finer details but the classic series M greenback has what I would call a fairly detailed top end, I don't like saying spikey as it suggests it is harsh, which I don't think it is. I can hear a certain amount of this in the EVH which I don't get in the heritage M. I hope this helps. Thanks for watching.

Trending Topics