EVH 5150 III 100 W white amp head

Brewski

so I tested the EVH 5150 III head at Guitar Center and brought it home. The amp has a great clean sound a great crunch channel and a badass ultra channel.

It has the sustain my DSL100 lacked, sounds awesome and is absolutely hum free! I took it to a jam session and it cut thru like a beast!

My search may b done

Haven't even swapped for better tubes yet!

Brewski

Forgot to add - the white one is very cool looking- i saw where someone else changed the knobs with color coded ones for each channel (clean - green, crunch - blue, ultra - red) - made total sense.

RockinRob

I put one against a JVM at guitar center last weekend. I preferred the JVM. The EVH was gainier but lost the clarity because of it.

tothemax

your gonna love it. i own the black 2014 model i replaced the white knobs with all black. looks mean.

I have the white 100 watt head as well. Great amp for sure. I paired mine with a white EVH 2x12 cab. The all white knobs did make it difficult to see under gig conditions and at first I thought I would use black for volume and red for gain, but in the end I just went with three black knobs, one for each volume pot. I don't change the gain settings all that much and it made sense to keep it simple. I can adjust volume if necessary under any lighting condition. I also put a remote controlled led strip in the interior of the amp. Any color lighting you want. Looks great and sounds great.

Rick Lee

There is a guy selling his evh and has color coded each channel - looks really cool
Cruisemates is the seller and that's my former amp. He's a good guy and the amp kills.

I'm selling my ivory 50w and 100w to pay for my Stealth.

The colored knobs look kind of cheesy at home, but they really come in handy when on stage and you need to make a quick adjustment.

Trending Topics