1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

EVH D-Tuna Reviews Wanted

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Griff, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Griff

Griff Member

I'm am thinking of installing the D-Tuna on my current project geetar. I like to drop D once in awhile and a FR trem makes it a little problematic.

Has anyone here ever used a D-Tuna? Like it? Hate it? Why or why not?

Thanks.

2. RickB

RickB Member

I have one on my Wolfgang Standard and it works flawlessly. It is definitely cool to have the option right there are the push or pull of a little piece of metal and not have to deal with tuning.

3. dewman

dewman Gold Supporting Member

works great. you might have to tweak the fine tuning a half turn when you go from E to D or vice versa, but it sounds great. You cant pull up too far on the Floyd though as the D tuna will bang into the guitar top. but there is enough play in there for most people I bet.

4. gtr777

gtr777 Supporting Member

I have one on my EB EVH. Works great. you do need to check the allen key fine tuning adjustment after string changes but it's no big deal. I would definately recomend it!!!

5. dosmun

dosmun Member

Works great. It can't get much easier if your using a Floyd.

6. willyboy

willyboy Member

I concur +1. EVH had a flash of brilliance when he came up with this idea. I use mine on a beat-up strat with an older Floyd bridge. It works great, never had any issues with it, and I just give it a shot of lubricant inside once in a while to make it work more smoothly. This also seems to keep the tiny allen screw from moving when changing strings and from general usage. It has probably been six or seven months since i had to tweak it to fix the tuning. I have had it for about two years and with my schedule (teaching, rehearsing, and gigging) i play about 30 hours a week so it has had fairly heavy use with absolutely no problems. LOVE IT!!!!

7. Tone

Tone Member

Awesome thread I was thinking about one of these too!:RoCkIn You guys seem really educated about the Floyd's. Would you guys mind jumping in on my floyd help thread in the tech section?

Griff, sorry to go off topic!:AOK

8. Chris_G

Chris_G Member

They work great as long as your trem is not floating. The trem on the Peavey Wolfgang, EB Axis and EVH all sit flat on the body so it's not a problem. For floating trems I've heard that the "tremel-no" (I'm not sure of the spelling) works because it allows you to lock a floating trem so it will only go down. I think they have them at allparts.com.

9. dosmun

dosmun Member

I have a Tremsetter on mine and it works great.

10. VH5150

VH5150 Member

11. jestes70

jestes70 Supporting Member

You have tremsetter and a dtuna? I have been contemplating this move. I already have a tremsetter installed. Whats your setup like? String gauge, springs, tuning, etc? Thanks.

jeremiah

12. blood5150

blood5150 Member

Yep.

13. dosmun

dosmun Member

I have it on a 87' Kramer Pacer Custom. I have it set up with 9's tuned down 1/2 step. I have 1 spring on each side of the tremsetter and have the tremsetter pretty tight. I can break a string and still be able to finish the song.

14. ericb

ericb Silver Supporting Member

I have had an EVH D-Tuna on 1 of my foto flame Floyd strats for many years. I've brought it to every gig as we did about 8 drop-d songs a night , and it's great. You have to block the Floyd though so that eliminates a lot of the Floyd stuff you'd normally do , but other than that , as the others said/indicated it does just what it's supposed to and to me it's INVALUABLE

ERic