EVH Playing a Soldano SLO w/Strat Clip

poolah

Wow, I bet it would sound even better if he was playing the same song as the rest of the fellas...;-)

Is it me or does the headstock look more like a Tele (especially from the back!!). It's clear that the guitar is a strat...just not sure on the neck.

2x6L6

Gold Supporting Member
Is it me or does the headstock look more like a Tele (especially from the back!!). It's clear that the guitar is a strat...just not sure on the neck.
Looks quite like Tommy Bolin's 50s Strat w/maple Tele neck. Great guitar, that one was...least in Tommy's hands. EVH does nicely with this one as well!

Josh O

I listened to a bunch of those clips and walked away with the same conclusion, Eddie's tone was awesome, why the hell didn't he stick with playing Soldano SLOs from that point forward???? That was thick/rich/nasty sounding, I'm sorry, his 5150 series, including the new 5150 III don't sound that good.

carbz

Silver Supporting Member
I posted that stuff a while back. The strat does have a tele neck on it. Yeah the SLO sounds great with Ed playing through it. The whole Peavey move was likely a money oppourtunity for him so he went with it. I am sure he'll admit the tone quality of the SLO being much better the 5150's. These days he's almost making amps sound worse then they are. His hands are no longer a factor.

samhill

In Summer Nights, EVH is using a Steinberger guitar, are they not standard with EMG's? Does anyone know if he was using the EMG's for this recording. I'm going to laugh my ass off if Eddie is using EMG's through a Soldano in that awesome sounding recording.

Mark

se7en

I love it!!!!!!! Best tone I've heard from EVH other than the first record.

Mark
I agree. The amp is a lead player (like Eddie)'s dream. I've got his settings if anyone is interested. He actually runs the gain on 7! :crazy

Troubleman

I listened to a bunch of those clips and walked away with the same conclusion, Eddie's tone was awesome, why the hell didn't he stick with playing Soldano SLOs from that point forward???? That was thick/rich/nasty sounding, I'm sorry, his 5150 series, including the new 5150 III don't sound that good.
Thicker, fatter, more corpulent (and BETTER SOUNDING) tone out of an SLO and a Strat than his "$ignature" guitar and his "$ignature" amp. Go figure...

jb

Josh O

Thicker, fatter, more corpulent (and BETTER SOUNDING) tone out of an SLO and a Strat than his "$ignature" guitar and his "$ignature" amp. Go figure...

jb
you are correct sir!

What did EVH say in a recent interview, "I've been a tone chaser all my life". Well my friend, I think your EBMM EVH model and the Soldano SLO-100 would have been phenomenal tone period.

loudgtr

you are correct sir!

What did EVH say in a recent interview, "I've been a tone chaser all my life". Well my friend, I think your EBMM EVH model and the Soldano SLO-100 would have been phenomenal tone period.
Totally agree!!! :dude

Trending Topics