EVH prototype

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by DOD250, Feb 26, 2008.

1. DOD250

DOD250 Member

So I was in the magazine section of my local Kroger when I saw an open copy of the latest Guitar World on the rack. I saw that Ed and Wolfie were on the cover so I decided to check it out. At a glance I figured Ed was just posing with one of his Peavey Wolfgang models. I was actually more drawn to the bass Wolfie was holding. I flipped to the article to check it out, and found out that Eddie wasn't holding a Peavey at all. It appeared to be an EVH prototype. The headstock had different markings, and where you would typically see the scooped away area of the Peavey headstock, there was nothing at all...that section simply cut out. Wolfie is also pictured playing one in the article.

I was wondering if anyone had any low-down on these yet.

[​IMG]

2. rrhea

rrhea Member

All I know is that it's a Fender-made "EVH brand" guitar that should be coming out soon. The guits that the Master is playing right now are only the protos.

The bass Wolfie is playing is a custom-made P-bass with the friggin' awesome looking blue stripes and cool relic job. If only he didn't look like fat Elvis... :D

RR

3. DOD250

DOD250 Member

I agree the metallic blue looks :drool with the black and white stripes! I hope they don't end up making the guitars in Mexico like the amps. $3100 is pretty steep for a half stack Hecho En Mexico. :crazy

4. rrhea

rrhea Member

Looks like Fender is headed that way, desafortunadamente. Pretty soon everything they make will be produced there.

I don't mind Mexi-Fender stuff existing, but I won't buy it.

RR

5. Redbell

Redbell Member

So Fender (Mexico) is going Wal-Mart (China) on us?
    Buy American!

6. c_mac

c_mac Member

It looks more like a Jazz Bass to me.