EVH put a gun to Fred Durst's head.

Yer Blues

EVH pulled a gun on Fred Durst and Dave Mustaine kicked dogs... who knew?
I did hear when Mustaine toured with part of the Experience Hendrix thing he had a chihuanna (however it is spelt) with him... maybe two. But, this is coming from someone who works at a bar where Mustaine also had a few beers... so who knows. It's about as likely as Eddie Van Halen recording with Limp Biscuit.

Stratburst70

It’s stories like this that explain why Michael Anthony stays well away from Van Halen. He plays bass with Sammy Hagar and that’s it.

True story: I read an interview Michael Anthony gave around 2011 where the interviewer asked if MA was the richest original member of Van Halen ( EDIT - Michael also has his hot sauce business, which is apparently fairly successful).

Michael’s answer was, “Probably” and mentioned that he had just celebrated his 30th wedding anniversary. The others in VH are divorced, some multiple times, which affects their bank accounts somewhat.

Last edited:

twoheadedboy

I'm guessing you don't know anyone in recovery.
Upon further reflection, it occurred to me that whether Ed was clean or not at the time, he probably would have wanted to appear to be clean, and so he wouldn't want to be seen around drugs of any kind.

ESW.

Upon further reflection, it occurred to me that whether Ed was clean or not at the time, he probably would have wanted to appear to be clean, and so he wouldn't want to be seen around drugs of any kind.
To clarify, I meant that part of being in recovery is distancing yourself from people who use drugs. If you tell someone you're not cool with them using around you and they do it anyway, it's a big effing deal.

Yer Blues

Durst or EVH needs to confirm or deny this story. Both of these guys seem to have disappeared from the radar though.... does EVH still play guitar? Does Fred Durst still wear a red hat? Inquiring minds need to know the answers.

Alan Dunn

" The only other cover that comes to mind
is 'Behind Blue Eyes' by that Durst fellow.Suffice it to say that when I
first heard it I thought of the time I clubbed Abby Hoffman. It was an
embarrassing effort, and one that discredits a fine song."

- Pete Townshend, Uncut June 2005

Yer Blues

" The only other cover that comes to mind
is 'Behind Blue Eyes' by that Durst fellow.Suffice it to say that when I
first heard it I thought of the time I clubbed Abby Hoffman. It was an
embarrassing effort, and one that discredits a fine song."

- Pete Townshend, Uncut June 2005
That version got a ton of airplay. I wonder if anyone ever went back from the Limp Biscuit version to discover the Who like guitarist going back from EVH to check out Clapton and then Robert Johnson.

RolandKorg

Supporting Member
Durst or EVH needs to confirm or deny this story. Both of these guys seem to have disappeared from the radar though.... does EVH still play guitar? Does Fred Durst still wear a red hat? Inquiring minds need to know the answers.
Durst is in a current CarMax commercial.

Seems odd to invent such a story. For one thing, if someone were telling people that he had put a gun to my head to force me to do something, and that didn’t happen, I’d contradict the story. Doesn’t make Me look good, either.

Secondly, as I said earlier, OJ get convicted and spent years in prison for just being WITH someone with a gun, demanding the return of his property. Not the kind of thing you should be boasting about.

No doubt this was in response to the Durst improv rap all over the solos the night before

In all seriousness, that samauri hairstyle comes out when he is “on”

Trending Topics