EVH wolfgang

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by kg*, Dec 26, 2009.

1. kg*

kg* Member

ok, soo i really dig the new EVH wolfgang, i think it looks alot cooler than the peavey version. ive never played one though, ive played the peavey version and it played like a dream. i was wondering if the new EVH wolfgang was worth the $3000 price tag.

2. c_mac

c_mac Member

Just out of curiosity, what makes you think the EVH Wolfgang is cooler than the Peavey?

3. Southerntwang

Southerntwang Member

I purchased my new EVH Wolfgang last December and it quickly became my "Go To" guitar. I recommend you try to play one at your local guitar store. For a purchase of $3K you should try before you buy. I love mine.

Here is the thread with my initial impressions last year:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=518161

4. pfrischmann

pfrischmann Member

I think the new EVH's sound really good, better than the previous models but I really dislike the carved top bodies. I thought I'd never find a guitar that was less comfortable to me than a Les Paul when playing sitting down but the Wolfgang does it. It feels so square, especially the forearm contour.

I don't really see the $3K tag in this. It's well made but doesn't put across the kind of quality I'd expect to see in a $3K guitar like a Lentz, Chapin, Suhr, Anderson...

but I guess some people are really into it.

5. kselbee

kselbee Member

I've kinda been wanting one, but man, 3k... I don't know. I think if I'm going to drop that kinda coin I'm going with a Suhr. Something about buying a bolt on Fender for 3k just doesn't sit well with me.

6. mvd18969

mvd18969 Member