• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

EVH's 25K replica a best seller !

A-Bone

Montonero, MOY, Multitudes
Platinum Supporting Member
I wonder how many have to sell to constitute "best seller" status. Makes me think that maybe the best seller status is related to proportion of the on hand inventory, or, maybe even moreso, that it is a BS appelation bestowed by the marketing department at Music 123 that is wholly unrelated to any real sales data.

The thing that weirds me out about the whole "best seller" listing as a marketing tool for the retailer is the thought that more people will buy something because it is already a best seller. This is not unlike movies being advertized based on how well they did their opening weekend. Are we really so shallow and lemming-like that we feel obliged or motivated to rush towards something because so many others are already rushing to it?

Oh, yeah, I guess we are, because we do it, and they continue to market in this fashion.

Blunder

Silver Supporting Member
I just got approved for their finance plan! Only $833.00 a month:NUTS

I bought one of the hand wired 74 Marshall amps from www.makenmusic about 2 years ago. I saw the amp at the winter Namm show ans spoke with Jim Marshall about it. After speaking to him, I wanted that amp for my collection and I am glad I got it. I had a road case made for it.:cool:

usc96

I bought one of the hand wired 74 Marshall amps from www.makenmusic about 2 years ago. I saw the amp at the winter Namm show ans spoke with Jim Marshall about it. After speaking to him, I wanted that amp for my collection and I am glad I got it. I had a road case made for it.:cool:
I came close to buying one once, then got spooked by all the bad press. I saw 4 recently in a shop and started thinking about it again. Have you found that they remedied the transformer issues?

R3deemed

According to Music123, the 25K Eddie Van Halen Frankenstein replica is a Best Seller.

http://www.music123.com/Signature-Model-Electric-Guitars-Electric-Guitars.Music123

Not only that, customers who bought it also bought Alfred Teach Yourself Guitar Repair & Maintenance.

http://www.music123.com/EVH-Eddie-V...lica-Electric-Guitar-513703-i1176775.Music123

Am I the only one who thinks that's hilarious?
Yeah, much has been made about this guitar, but right or wrong, I think for $25K Eddie ought to come with this guitar for a couple hours anyway.

OOG

sure they are:rolleyes:
they sell lots
and always get paid 10% of the gross
not gross profit
10% of the gross
of everything they sell

Trending Topics