Evidence Audio Monorail cable

Dearthian

Does anyone have experience with this cable for rewiring a pedalboard? I'm using PlanetWaves cords and am wanting to upgrade.

What do you think of the Evidence Monorail cables? Anything I should consider looking in that price range or a little better? I don't need connectors, so being able to get it into bulk is somewhat important.

I play everything from clean, overdrive sounds, through hard rock/metal tones. Mostly passive pickups and a mixture of true bypass pedals and non-true bypass pedals.

Atdi2000

Silver Supporting Member
If your planning on using the planetwaves ends I wouldn't use monorail as it's to small a diameter to make easy, good connections. You pretty much need george l's to use the monorail.

gtrshow

If your planning on using the planetwaves ends I wouldn't use monorail as it's to small a diameter to make easy, good connections. You pretty much need george l's to use the monorail.

I've had virtually no success with using George L's ends either. The Monorail seems to be just a hair larger in diameter. Others have reported better results, so YMMV.

Josh O

So far, I'm having very good luck with Monorail and George L right angle connectors.

Dearthian

I actually had thought about switching over to Neutrix connectors and soldering those puppies instead of continuing to use the Planet Waves tips.

Any other thoughts as far as quality alternatives to the Monorail? I'm not necessarily looking to use solderless ends.

teXum

I'll be ordering the new pedalboard kit from Lava Cable very soon.

I'd second the new Lava kit. They take a little longer to make than George L's, and when I made my first batch of five patches, one didn't work the first time around (user error, obviously, be sure to strip the exact lenght of the ends). BUT, I would have to say I have a lot more faith in the Lava patch cables when it comes to durability. They also do NOT take more room on the board than the GLs, so that's really not an issue either.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom